ATPL Aerocourse : Need help with performance chart question

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

goose_68
Rank 1
Rank 1

ATPL Aerocourse : Need help with performance chart question

Post by goose_68 »

hey Guys .... having a little trouble deriving the answer for a couple of questions from the ATPL aerocourse book .

In the Flight Operations and Human Factors section questions # 23 and 24 page 6-7 .

Anyone with some guidance on these with an explanation of the derivation would be greatly appreciated . Feel free to post or PM me .

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

It's not important where planes are going ... what's important is to get on !
ozone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: ATPL Aerocourse : Need help with performance chart question

Post by ozone »

I am having trouble with those ones as well.
IMG_6095.jpeg
IMG_6095.jpeg (252.05 KiB) Viewed 1580 times

goose_68
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by goose_68 »

Thanks for posting that , if you find some insight on these 2 questions please let me know

455tt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 455tt »

And of course you secured the advance permission of the publishers to post their copyrighted materials onto a public forum, correct?

If you have not, you should of course remove their materials immediately and ask them first.

As well, have you considered going directly to the publishers with your question - I am certain they would be more than pleased to answer your inquiry directly.

info@aerocourse.com

tired of the ground
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tired of the ground »

They are quite straight forward de-rating questions. The temperature is a bit of a red herring, you don't need it when you know your GTOW.

All you do is take the GTOW of your aircraft and then look for the lowest climb or runway limit that is above your gtow.

Q 23. Your gtow is 30,500. For runway length you have the option of rw15 @ 81.8% (32,240 ft) or rw33 @ 77.2%(30,990ft). For the climb limit you are limited to 77.2% (42deg @ 30,760ft). You just have to determine what your limiting factor is. In this case both rw33 and your climb limit are 77.2% so that is your limiting factor.

Q24. Same idea. Just look at your GTOW. 33,150lbs, RW33 @ 83.3% (33,160) or RW 15 @ 92.0%(33,230). In this case off of 33 your are climb limited though, you have to look 1 row up to 84.1 (33,520) to meet the climb requirement.

ozone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ozone »

They are quite straight forward de-rating questions. The temperature is a bit of a red herring, you don't need it when you know your GTOW.

All you do is take the GTOW of your aircraft and then look for the lowest climb or runway limit that is above your gtow.

Q 23. Your gtow is 30,500. For runway length you have the option of rw15 @ 81.8% (32,240 ft) or rw33 @ 77.2%(30,990ft). For the climb limit you are limited to 77.2% (42deg @ 30,760ft). You just have to determine what your limiting factor is. In this case both rw33 and your climb limit are 77.2% so that is your limiting factor.

Q24. Same idea. Just look at your GTOW. 33,150lbs, RW33 @ 83.3% (33,160) or RW 15 @ 92.0%(33,230). In this case off of 33 your are climb limited though, you have to look 1 row up to 84.1 (33,520) to meet the climb requirement.
That clears things up.

Thanks very much

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

455tt wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:00 am And of course you secured the advance permission of the publishers to post their copyrighted materials onto a public forum, correct?

If you have not, you should of course remove their materials immediately and ask them first.

As well, have you considered going directly to the publishers with your question - I am certain they would be more than pleased to answer your inquiry directly.

info@aerocourse.com
Pretty sure this falls under "fair use" as the person posting it is asking about the content for better understanding, and not distributing it in any way for commercial gain.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
455tt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 455tt »

Could be - then again, maybe not. Seems prudent to me that you first seek the a copyright holder's consent before you openly distribute their materials online, whatever your motives. Especially when the copyright holder can so easily be contacted.

goose_68
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by goose_68 »

Thanks " tired of the ground "

The temperature portion was what was throwing me off . Most T/O performance questions I have dealt with in the past of course use temperature / altitude as the starting point .... this is little different then what i have dealt with

Thanks again

Return to “Flight Training”