TCCA CPL to FAA

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

triple777
Rank 0
Rank 0

TCCA CPL to FAA

Post by triple777 »

Hello everyone,

I recently got my CPL and Multi IFR rating with 220 hours total flight time. I want to convert my license to FAA with the ratings and I have some inquiries about it. Hope you guys can help me.

I would like to know if there are any spcecial requirements to fulfill other than the written exam. Does the convertion take a lot of time? If anyone has done this before I would like to read your experince.

cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: TCCA CPL to FAA

Post by shamrock104 »

Relatively quick and painless, contact a local FSDO and sit the written exam, it is a quick process.

triple777
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by triple777 »

I was looking for information on internet and I found I need 250 hrs total time and multi engine PIC flight time. I have 220 and only dual hours on the multi engine :/ I wonder If it is still possible to get the FAA license without this requirements. I truly need the FAA for job purposes.

Turlututair
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Turlututair »

+1 I want to convert my license too , any information about the process ? :D

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Scuderia »

It's a relatively simple process but I highly suggest you pick up the phone or e-mail the FSDO closest to you and they will walk you through it.

And yes, you can do that... TC might be hard to get a hold of and getting help is sometimes like pulling teeth, but the FAA is refreshingly helpful.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/fi ... ices/fsdo/

Return to “Flight Training”