Solo Vs PIC for CPL application

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Solo Vs PIC for CPL application

Post by DCL415 »

Hello,
I am completing the form for commercial pilot and for the times has 3 columns: Dual, PIC and Solo. I have been trying to figure out the difference between PIC and solo times.
I have read the CARs as far as I could find any information.
Any help would be greatly apreciated
---------- ADS -----------

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Solo Vs PIC for CPL application

Post by AuxBatOn »

solo flight time means, with respect to the flight time necessary to acquire a permit, licence or rating,

(a) in the case of a pilot, the flight time during which the pilot is the sole flight crew member, and

(b) in the case of a student pilot permit holder, the flight time during which the holder is the sole occupant of an aircraft while under the direction and supervision of the holder of an instructor rating for the appropriate category of aircraft; (temps de vol en solo)

Going for the deck at corner
DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DCL415 »

Thank you, it more clear now

gtm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gtm »

My understanding is that solo hours should be in a PTR for a commercial, and you need a minimum 30 of them. The idea is they should be hours spent improving skills on syllabus, rather than hours spent just bombing around with friends in the back.

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DCL415 »

I am in a college program so all my flights are in a ptr except the Float rating ones that I forgot my ptr and are just logged in my log book

Return to “Flight Training”