Brampton Flight Centre 1 Year College Diploma Program

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

avsteve1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Brampton Flight Centre 1 Year College Diploma Program

Post by avsteve1 »

Hey all,

I’ve been looking into the Brampton Flight College 1 Year Program more and am thinking about applying for the 2019 intake once I finish High School. What are the pros and cons of this program? To be completely honest, it seems like people from Sault, Seneca, etc. get into the higher regionals, like Jazz, much faster (I haven’t heard of many students from Brampton that went past Air Georgian or Porter so far).

What is the acceptance process and rate for this college like? I have heard of an interview, and a narrative to write and something about some type of quiz to take(what kind of quiz is this?).

I am already a pilot there with a PPL (got it from there), and I heard that you can’t have more than 100hrs of flight time, which I am pretty close to and will probably go higher than that

I would especially appreciate replies from anybody currently in the program, or recently graduated from the program. Of course, if you happen to have relevant information and are not a student there, I still would appreciate your input.

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

pilot4hire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Brampton Flight Centre 1 Year College Diploma Program

Post by pilot4hire »

To my knowledge Sault and Seneca students get to Jazz faster because they offer cadet programs. Students who complete the program and do well on their sim eval at the end are put into the hiring pool at Jazz. Aside from those students, everyone else is in the same boat regardless of which school they attend or which machine they flew.

I’m sure there are plenty of BFC graduates at the majors as well. Georgian is an option that becomes available earlier than any other regional carrier because they hire at less hours, that is probably why a lot of people go there. As for Porter, I believe their requirements are in line with Jazz’s and there are some pros for going to Porter vs Jazz.

Unfortunately I don’t have any association with BFC so I can’t give you any intel. In my opinion hours are the most important factor. If you choose to instruct then it is a matter of how long you’re willing to wait before moving on to your next job and whether you’re willing to leave the GTA. At 500 hours your options are small airlines not associated with the majors (perimeter, bearskin, cma, etc) and medevac/charter ops. At 750 you’ll get interest from small airlines associated with the majors (georgian, evas, pasco). Between 1000-1200 your options become Jazz, Encore, Porter. These are rough estimates but the main idea is that where you go depends on when you’d like to start gaining airline experience.

Other important factors include but are not limited to internal referrals, IATRA vs ATPL, how your resume/cover letter look, level of education relevant to aviation, military experience, luck, prayers, stars aligning, etc.

These are just my opinions, please correct me if I’m wrong. I am just a lowly recent graduate :D
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”