Winter Flight Training

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

NPOTB
Rank 0
Rank 0

Winter Flight Training

Post by NPOTB »

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum, my first post is regarding PPL flight training. As we approach the winter weather, I would like to make best use of the days with good weather.

Question: Is it efficient and/or worth flying twice a day, given that I take a 2 hour break between each flight.

Background:
Hours- 12
School- CYOO DFC
Stage in Training- Circuits (Expect to Solo soon)

Thank you for your help and insight.
---------- ADS -----------

Adam Oke
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Winter Flight Training

Post by Adam Oke »

Provided you are adequately prepared for the days lessons, and you feel that you are adequately rested - I think that the more frequent you fly, the better! Always go into those lessons having done your homework and don't try to put the hours in just for the sake of reaching the required time.

Winter flying offers a whole new variety of things to consider. Watch out for those slippery surfaces when taxiing. Be aware of run ups near snow banks and the potential to slip towards them. Have an eye out for surface contamination when taxiing around -- props like to pick up stuff ... and there is more clear and white stuff around to pick up!

Lots of new things to consider and discuss with your instructor! Best of luck moving forward for your first solo!
---------- ADS -----------

--Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician turned 4 Bar Switch Flicker and Flap Operator--

Return to “Flight Training”