Class 1 Flight Instructors—Coastal Pacific Aviation

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

DFO@CoastalPacific
Rank 1
Rank 1

Class 1 Flight Instructors—Coastal Pacific Aviation

Post by DFO@CoastalPacific »

Coastal Pacific Aviation is currently seeking to hire full-time and part-time Class 1 Flight Instructors to engage primarily in the instruction of instructor students at our Abbotsford base. $60/hour, overlaying a base salary for full-time hires, and includes dental and medical. Flow-through to MER and IFR instruction is available, based on seniority. Contact David Parry, Director of Flight Operations, for more information at (778) 255-2560, or email DFO@coastalpacific.com.
---------- ADS -----------

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Class 1 Flight Instructors—Coastal Pacific Aviation

Post by C.W.E. »

$60/hour, overlaying a base salary for full-time hires,
Finally someone is paying a decent wage.

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

Interesting point .. Assuming you can get a 30hr week that's a yearly salary in the $90K range. Better than an Encore Captain. What are chances that the Regionals will up their game to attract staff.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

What are chances that the Regionals will up their game to attract staff.
That will be determined by supply and demand.

As long as I have been in the aviation industry ( 65 years. ) the supply has always out numbered the demand.

PlanePaully
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PlanePaully »

It cuts both ways. How much are they going to have to charge the instructor candidates for their dual training time, if the the Class 1 is getting paid $60 per hour? Instructor pay goes up, so does the cost of your ratings. Lucky for you if you already have them all!

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

PlanePaully wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:56 am It cuts both ways. How much are they going to have to charge the instructor candidates for their dual training time, if the the Class 1 is getting paid $60 per hour? Instructor pay goes up, so does the cost of your ratings.
It's supply and demand. There aren't that many Class 1's around anymore, so if you want you're rating done you're going to have to outbid all the other guys that want theirs' done.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

I'll do it for $60/hr, 40 hr/week guarantee. IFR, Multi, and Instructor Ratings only.
I like my widebody job. Change my mind.

Return to “Flight Training”