Flight Colleges (Graduates please read!)

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

Flight Colleges (Graduates please read!)

Post by avcraig »

Hey everyone,

I applied to 5 different flight colleges back in mid-November or so. Feb 1st is coming up fast, which means offers are going to start flying out soon (no pun intended). I already have my PPL, but I do want to have some sort of post-secondary education in the aviation field and would rather not do the rest of my training privately.

Out of the following four choices, which would you say is the best choice and why? If any of you know any pros or cons of any of these, please let me know on here, or by a PM if you prefer. They are listed in the same priority level I see them as in my mind.

1. Sault College
2. Confederation College
3. Conestoga College
4. Brampton Flight Centre 1 Year Program
5. Algonquin College

I have heard negative things for pretty much only Sault College, but it seems like most of the negative things are caused by the laziness and stupidity of the student himself/herself, and honestly I don't have much more info on the other four. If you could talk about things such as difficulty level (academically), how hard it is to get in, success rate, etc. for each of these colleges it would be highly appreciated from myself and many others in the same boat as me currently.

Thanks and good luck to everyone that applied.
---------- ADS -----------

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Flight Colleges (Graduates please read!)

Post by shawnthesheep »

avcraig wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:42 pm Hey everyone,

I applied to 5 different flight colleges back in mid-November or so. Feb 1st is coming up fast, which means offers are going to start flying out soon (no pun intended). I already have my PPL, but I do want to have some sort of post-secondary education in the aviation field and would rather not do the rest of my training privately.

Out of the following four choices, which would you say is the best choice and why? If any of you know any pros or cons of any of these, please let me know on here, or by a PM if you prefer. They are listed in the same priority level I see them as in my mind.

1. Sault College
2. Confederation College
3. Conestoga College
4. Brampton Flight Centre 1 Year Program
5. Algonquin College

I have heard negative things for pretty much only Sault College, but it seems like most of the negative things are caused by the laziness and stupidity of the student himself/herself, and honestly I don't have much more info on the other four. If you could talk about things such as difficulty level (academically), how hard it is to get in, success rate, etc. for each of these colleges it would be highly appreciated from myself and many others in the same boat as me currently.

Thanks and good luck to everyone that applied.
This has been answered...
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”