Samra 16?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Thevanman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Samra 16?

Post by Thevanman »

Hello. I’m looking for any info anyone might have on the samra 16? Have had a few friends write the exam and fail it. It is suppose to be TC newest Samra exam and apparently very tough. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Samra 16?

Post by youhavecontrol »

I'll be writing the SAMRA on Monday, I'll let you know how it goes.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
AirportCoffee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AirportCoffee »

I've never understood why people get so hung up on exam numbers. There are close to 20 different exam versions and you don't pick which one you write. Study according to the TC exam guide and the rest should sort itself out...

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

AirportCoffee wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:15 pm I've never understood why people get so hung up on exam numbers. There are close to 20 different exam versions and you don't pick which one you write. Study according to the TC exam guide and the rest should sort itself out...
100% agree with you. I don't really understand why people do that. It's super annoying.

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

Just wrote and passed the SAMRA 16 with an 83%. The exam was tough.. with a lot of questions where it was hard to figure out exactly what they were asking. At least two questions I went back and changed my answers, only to choose the wrong one. The content was mainly weather related, asking a lot of questions about weather (at least half of it was MET), decoding ANAL and PROG charts, jet streams and associated turbulence, low level jet streams, the ADS-B system, HF radio wave characteristics, VOLMETs... etc. It was slightly harder than the practice exams I did through nizus.com, but I did ok.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."

Return to “Flight Training”