CPL written and harvs ground school desperate help

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: CPL written and harvs ground school desperate help

Post by youhavecontrol »

Have you finished the majority of the flight training already? If not, I'd wait. If you can't afford ground-school, you probably can't afford the flight training needed to finish the license, and could risk the having to re-write the exam. I remember my flight test, plus aircraft rental cost for that one day was almost as much money as my ground school course.
---------- ADS -----------

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

Are you able to get a loan from the bank for the last part of your training? Have you already exhausted the government student loan money? Those are two options if able. The bank money will come a great deal faster and easier, but the interest rates may be more (though it wasn't for me).

I know the feeling though. After exhausting my financial options, I had to stop just before my CPL flight test. I went to work a few years in the oilfield before returning and finishing. It sucked, but at least at the CPL stage, starting up again isn't as hard as at the PPL stage. Best of luck to you.. it can be a tough road when you're self-financed, but at least you'll know what your education is worth and truly value it when you're done.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
ShawnR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ShawnR »

You require a recommend letter for the written and Harv's will only give this if your account has not expired, I believe. I did it last year and hammered down near the end to finish before the subscription ended. Where will you get the letter if your account expired? Rereading the original post, if you have never subscribed, then who does the letter? TC asked for both the letter and course results, iirc.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

Nothing is free in life, no freeloaders.
Many of us had to take loans.
Sorry but no sympathy from me.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

ShawnR wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:55 am You require a recommend letter for the written and Harv's will only give this if your account has not expired, I believe. I did it last year and hammered down near the end to finish before the subscription ended. Where will you get the letter if your account expired? Rereading the original post, if you have never subscribed, then who does the letter? TC asked for both the letter and course results, iirc.
I still find it weird that transport requires a recommend letter for a course which you are not obligated to take. You can study everything for the CPL written yourself. You could ask your flight instructor to write you a recommend, doesn't have to be Harv's Air.

Never heard about course results being required though. Just tell them you studied it by yourself and some books.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

I can tell you from experience that Harv’s will not issue a written exam recommendation for someone who’s name Is not on the account. As well, they require a certain percentage on the practice exams before giving a recommend. So this will not work.

Might be best to put your ground school on hold for a few months and work. It’s rather ridiculous that you’re on here trying to make people feel sorry for you to get a free ground school...

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

maurelo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:00 am
Blackdog0301 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:56 am I can tell you from experience that Harv’s will not issue a written exam recommendation for someone who’s name Is not on the account. As well, they require a certain percentage on the practice exams before giving a recommend. So this will not work.

Might be best to put your ground school on hold for a few months and work. It’s rather ridiculous that you’re on here trying to make people feel sorry for you to get a free ground school...
I wish you never need to ask for help from somebody else when you face a rough moment. And I don't care about the recommendation letter thats not the point.
If you are in such a rough moment how could you possibly focus on a CPL written ?
Plus per old messages posted from you few months ago you have a CPL in another country.
Your attitude smells.
Get a job.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Last edited by Grey_Wolf on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

Maurelo...you miss the point and do not seem to understand how life works:
Harvs Air is a BUSINESS for PROFIT.
Not a charity
Their material is “intellectual property”
It is different from borrowing a book from someone.
If you don’t care about the recommendation (which like many said will be granted under certain conditions) get a book and study.
Doing charitable activities is different from stealing intellectual property
Enough said

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

In this new world, flight school students are the same as cancer patients.

Begging has become acceptable behaviour.

At the forever cost of character, self esteem and certainly any respect of your peers.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

Interesting to see that all Maurelo posts have been deleted. I guess he can’t take the kitchen’s heat so he left. Maurelo, own up to your comments...over wise don’t start something you cannot finish!

Edit: apparently Maurelo’s account has been entirely deleted...

Return to “Flight Training”