Looking For A Flight Training School In British Columbia

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ipkonfig
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking For A Flight Training School In British Columbia

Post by ipkonfig »

So, just as the title says, I am looking for recommendations about flight training schools in BC. I am going through Google reviews of the many flight schools in the province and almost all of them have both positive and negative contributions.

Pacific Flying Club looks good on paper with their tie-up with BCIT. But I am reading about them prioritizing their resources for the BCIT students.

How is Professional Flight Center? How about Canadian Aviation College?

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Looking For A Flight Training School In British Columbia

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

You don’t get to choose a flight school anymore, they choose you. As far as I know all the big schools have a waiting list for training, some with a year long wait.

If you want to start right away I would suggest you also look at some of the smaller schools like the ones in Nanaimo, Campbell River, Kamloops and Prince George.

AirDoan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirDoan »

Big Pistons Forever wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:13 am You don’t get to choose a flight school anymore, they choose you. As far as I know all the big schools have a waiting list for training, some with a year long wait.

If you want to start right away I would suggest you also look at some of the smaller schools like the ones in Nanaimo, Campbell River, Kamloops and Prince George.
I wouldn't recommend Naniamo (Vital). They are not doing commercial training if that's your goal, only PPLs. Also are more expensive per hour than others. Personal experience. Don't get me wrong, Don and Lynda are great people! But I wish I had gone a different path than with them when I was getting started.

Victoria Flying Club is also good, and the practice area is only a couple minutes away so your not paying for the commute time. Very well maintained A/C. I've used various instructors over the years and always professional.

VanIslandInstructor
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VanIslandInstructor »

Come check us out at Sealand Flight! Based in Campbell River, but we have sub bases in Powell River, Courtenay, and Qualicum Beach!
info@sealandflight.com for more info :)

Return to “Flight Training”