YVR/ YYC IFR refresher

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

YVR/ YYC IFR refresher

Post by GhostRider6 »

Hey!

I’ve been out of the commercial game due to a medical issue for quite some time. I’m now looking to come back..

Could anyone recommend a flight school in the YYC ( preferably) or YVR with something along the lines of an Alsim?

The plan of attack would be to do some PC based sim work followed by the flight school sim to keep costs down and maximize training benefit. ( PC sim suggestions are welcomed as well)

.. I’d be looking to utilize my SOPs as much as possible to again maximize training benefit for the ACTUAL sim..so preferably I could go that route and not have to use the flights schools SOPs. So hopefully the school would/ could be open to that..as well as flying the more challenging routes my company regularly services.. again.. maximizing training benefit.

I also get said instructor won’t be versed on our SOPs so I’m pretty understanding of that.

I’m looking to learn and increase competency and am open to constructive criticism. ( how else do you learn???) However, this being said, I’d prefer not to reinvent the wheel... I’m trying to prepare for line flying / training and get my IFR “ A” game back on the ground / before the plane/ company sim. And sharpen up ..

Names ( via PM) or school/ PC sim suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”