Modular Approach International Student

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

karim1021
Rank 0
Rank 0

Modular Approach International Student

Post by karim1021 »

Hello all,

First of all, let me clear this out of the way, location: Quebec- Montreal. I have applied to several different flying schools in Montreal mainly the ones in Saint Hurbert. I was going for the ATP Program but I decided to change because of the prices and ground school hours, as well as I am a full-time student at University.

Here are my experiences so far:
Air Richelieu: I first applied to the ATP Program but then decided to change to a modular approach, Already paid 400$ of application, I called to ask if I could change my programs and the staff was extremely rude hanging up in my face with attitude, as soon as he heard me speaking English, he asked me if I spoke French and I don't so he closed. Point Being the flight school said that they do not offer Modular Program for international students because of immigration/Visa issue. My visa application is through my university and not the flight school, what I come to understand is that they do not offer visas for Modular Approach Student's, but in that case, I already am undergoing my visa through my university.

Cargair:
I don't know much about the school, all I know is that they have many international students applying yearly for the ATPL Program, I heard that they have a decent amount of planes, and they also offered me a modular approach program as long as my visa from the university is granted. So with that being said, how is the flight school like, would you recommend it?

Saint Hubert flying school:
Staff was extremely friendly, said they would offer the modular program. However, I am concerned because I have heard that they do not let students fly in bad conditions (more strict than other flight schools). Also, they have a small fleet, I do not care as long as an instructor and aircraft are available. Thoughts on this flying school as well?

I would like to know your opinions about the different flight school, I would prefer to do the Modular Approach because it would be extremely hard to do ATPL Program meanwhile being a full-time university student working for an undergraduate degree.

I look forward to hearing from you!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”