CPL Written

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

CPL Written

Post by avcraig »

Hey all,

What are some of the best resources/study tactics for the CPL Written Exam? I have searched this site but am preferably looking for more recent info and from people that recently wrote the exam. What about for the INRAT exam as well?

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

firstofficer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: CPL Written

Post by firstofficer »

Pilottraining.ca

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

Dauntless for your INRAT.

triplebarrel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by triplebarrel »

Hey I wrote my CPAER in April 2019, and the INRAT I did in June a few days ago.

CPAER I did the Harvs AIr online ground school religiously for a few months, its quite a bit of information and personally, I liked that because it goes in depth, some people aren't a fan of that but it will prepare you for the exam. Make sure you do the practice exams at the end of the course. There's about 6 of them, I did all of them. Makes the written exam at TC easy. After I did the ground school I also did the sharper edge book but that was not necessary.

For the INRAT I did the harvs air ground school as well but I didn't spend as much time on it. I went through the new info, which was only IFR portion. In that ground school they included a bunch of weather presentations and radio nav presentations. I noticed these were identical to the ones they had in the CPL ground school so I skipped them since they were still fresh in my mind. Then I went to the Aerocourse. I don't really think you need to do the Aerocourse. You will still pass without it. What I do recommend is the IFR workbook from the guys at Aerocourse. Combine that with the Harvs Air Ground school and you are set.

If you have any questions let me know I am glad to help.

Return to “Flight Training”