Recent INRAT writers that used Dauntless app ?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

leah23232
Rank 0
Rank 0

Recent INRAT writers that used Dauntless app ?

Post by leah23232 »

Just wondering if anyone on here wrote the INRAT recently using primarily the Dauntless questions and how you did on it ? I've been studying using CAP/AIM/Harvsair but thinking of switching primarily to dauntless from now until I write. Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Recent INRAT writers that used Dauntless app ?

Post by DCL415 »

I wrote it 2 months a go I used the CANADIAN INSTRUMENT PILOT ANSWER GUIDE, 2ND EDITION that includes an online version of the book. Also read the Cap and Aim. Thats it, there were 4 questions I didn't see before in a similar style.

leah23232
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by leah23232 »

DCL415 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:51 pm I wrote it 2 months a go I used the CANADIAN INSTRUMENT PILOT ANSWER GUIDE, 2ND EDITION that includes an online version of the book. Also read the Cap and Aim. Thats it, there were 4 questions I didn't see before in a similar style.
Thank you, I will check it out. How did you find the exam over-all?

bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bring me the horizon »

I wrote it about a year ago using the daultless app and cap gen/AIM. The daultless app is really good for the Nav, Met and air law portion but you still gotta use the cap gen and AIM for those "definition" answers. I failed the first time cause I thought I could cruise through it but after studying for another couple weeks I rewrote it and did really well. Take your time, study at your own pace and you'll do fine. BTW, the app also has a lot of hidden gems for the IATRA exam as well.

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DCL415 »

leah23232 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:00 pm
DCL415 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:51 pm I wrote it 2 months a go I used the CANADIAN INSTRUMENT PILOT ANSWER GUIDE, 2ND EDITION that includes an online version of the book. Also read the Cap and Aim. Thats it, there were 4 questions I didn't see before in a similar style.
It wasn't very hard, I would say the easiest of the exams I wrote so far (compared to ppl and cpl).

AirDoan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirDoan »

I did mine back in March. I started with Harv's Air and then the dauntless app for quizzing and exam prep. As one instructor told me the Dauntless system is great for the exam but doesn't really help for depth of knowledge for oral portions and potentially real world situations. Hence why I did it that way. Passed with a solid margin first try this way! But above else...... CapGen CapGen CapGen memorize as much of it as possible. And at least read through the AIM. Harv's duplicates some of it, but some of Arrons info is out of date and might catch you. Same with the Dauntless App.

clairvoyant
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by clairvoyant »

...just curious perhaps other folks can chime in....
Which one is a better book to buy/study?
CANADIAN INSTRUMENT PILOT ANSWER GUIDE, 2ND EDITION
or
Canadian Instrument Rating Workbook (9th edition)

Thank you

DCL415 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:34 am
leah23232 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:00 pm
It wasn't very hard, I would say the easiest of the exams I wrote so far (compared to ppl and cpl).

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DCL415 »

I liked the CANADIAN INSTRUMENT PILOT ANSWER GUIDE, 2ND EDITION, recommended for sure

Return to “Flight Training”