Should it take 2 years to get a Private? Thank you Sault College. :(

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

snowcrest
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Should it take 2 years to get a Private? Thank you Sault College. :(

Post by snowcrest »

Saultnot4u wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:01 am What a mess!!

Was reading on another group, yet another student in the program just gave up and left.
After wasting 2 plus years and $30,000 spent, just got tired of the NOT FLYING on a regular bases.
There are currently students (Nov 2019) that are at risk of being dropped out of the program because the school has not be able to fly them enough to meet a cut off point/lesson plan . Being past the voluntary drop out point now, they would forfeit their semesters tuition.
Surely that's not legal? Any student with a semi-competent lawyer would win that case case ten times out of ten.
---------- ADS -----------

All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.
JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

I did my PPL in 8 months at a local flight school (evenings and weekends) at the age of nearly 40. Surely a college can do it quicker with a full time program?

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Ex wife left, put my part of joint account down, kept working started october, laid off in december, finished in april. Kept working multi ifr the next spring.

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

rigpiggy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:43 am Ex wife left, put my part of joint account down, kept working started october, laid off in december, finished in april. Kept working multi ifr the next spring.
Oof, you've had a rough year it seems :/ I hope you get your CPL done soon and have a good career!

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

vermont wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:50 pm
rigpiggy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:43 am Ex wife left, put my part of joint account down, kept working started october, laid off in december, finished in april. Kept working multi ifr the next spring.
Oof, you've had a rough year it seems :/ I hope you get your CPL done soon and have a good career!
^ Agreed with that!

Keep your chin up RP, don’t let them keep you down! :)

Return to “Flight Training”