simple question related to private pilot license exam

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1

simple question related to private pilot license exam

Post by imcool »

hello,
I read up online and asked couple people and got confused,
can I appear in ground exam without any flight hours on me?

some people are telling I must need 10 flight hours to appear in ground written exam, is it right?

My plan is to enroll in any online ground school and then appear in written exam, pass the written exam and then go to air flight training, can i do this??

thank you for reading and replying.
---------- ADS -----------

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: simple question related to private pilot license exam

Post by DCL415 »

Here is your answer from the Standards:
(4) To be eligible to write the examination required for the issue of a permit, licence or rating, the candidate shall provide proof that the experience and training requirements set out below have been met:
(amended 1998/03/23)

(a) an applicant for a Pilot Permit - Gyroplane, Pilot Permit - Recreational-Aeroplane, or a Private Pilot Licence shall have completed 10 hours flight time in the same category of aircraft, or hold a valid Pilot Permit - Ultra-light Aeroplane.

Do not forget that you need to recommended by an instructor to be able to take the test. more info: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... u-5523.htm

Some questions can be answered by experience in flying, so I wouldn't recommend you writing the PPAER with less than 25 hours.

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: simple question related to private pilot license exam

Post by imcool »

I see, thanks a lot again, that's what I was missing. :)

Return to “Flight Training”