Pilot training

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Robert14123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Pilot training

Post by Robert14123 »

Good evening everyone. Just looking to get some information here
I'm a 24yo living in Newfoundland canada and have been fascinated with planes for quite some time now, from watching youtube videos to tracking flights and seeing what flight plans they have filed and seeing where they go but that just isnt cutting it for me . I have been tossing around the idea of becoming a pilot to my wife and I'm not quite sure if it's even possible for the simple reason that I have never been good at math and physics and I think that is the big thing that's holding me back from pursuing a career as a pilot

I'm just wondering how good your math and physics skills have to be to even become a private pilot?

Thanks in advance for any answers you guys can give me .

Thank you
---------- ADS -----------

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Pilot training

Post by Beefitarian »

The math and physics required is not very high level.

It would make things easier if you did well in math and physics but you won't need to take any math or physics courses.

You will only need to learn how to calculate things like how much fuel you need to get a certain distance with the wind affecting you or how much weight in people, luggage and fuel you can carry.

You learn it mostly to understand it but there are so many programs for navigation and GPS. You might even forget the math you will learn to write the licensing tests later from lack of practice.

There is a lot to being a pilot, and training is difficult at times but I read once, the skill comes in at getting good at being able to do what at first seems like an overwhelming amount of almost easy tasks, all at once.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Pilot training

Post by C.W.E. »

There is no minimum education level required to become a pilot.

I only have grade eight and learning to fly was no problem nor did it ever affect my employ ability.

Basically if you can read and write you have enough education to become a pilot.

Return to “Flight Training”