Flight School

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Flight School

Post by Aviatard »

Moesif wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:02 am
I'm not trying to prove anything. I just heard of this happening
So, in other words, it's unverifiable bullshit.
---------- ADS -----------

Saultnot4u
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Flight School..Sault College Issues

Post by Saultnot4u »

Lots of schools/ flight clubs that I am sure can assist.

The only school that I know of that DOES NOT take international students is Sault College. As with many flight schools the flight part is subsidized by the government on a per student bases in the program. The more students they accept, the more government funding they receive.

This has however come with a great cost to the students, extreme flight training delays. To many students, not enough planes, and only 1 simulator. There are more then a few posts on this site, and a few other web sites as to the train wreak Sault aviation program has become. Even the Chair of the program recently left or was asked to leave..not sure. Regardless he jumped ship for another norther aviation college.

Most of the students started their 3rd and last year in the program NOT having their PPL. :oops: :oops:

May sound crazy, but during year (2), students went 3-5 weeks between flights over and over again. Many of those students now had issues during their progress rides. You can not fly every 2 weeks, and be expected to be proficient!

So, my point here being, before you decide which school to attend, make sure you try to do some research.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

snowcrest wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:29 am
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:48 pm
snowcrest wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:10 pm Not enough opportunities in your own country?
Spoken like a true gentleman. :roll:
What? It's a valid question.
I got buddies who aren't getting in to programs just to get shafted by internationals.
What ever happened to helping our own first?
Hudson Bay Company?

Roel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Roel »

WickeDolphin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:26 pm From what I've heard Brampton and WWFC are good schools for iATPL. Ottawa Aviation is a shit show from what I've heard, and they dont have a pay as you go system for flights. I cannot speak for any other schools. Harv's air is really good too, but they dont have iATPL. Again, if you want to work in Canada you dont need iATPL. Unless you're from Seneca, Jazz will not hire you right away with 250 hours regardless of if you have iATPL or not. Being an international student, you will need you a PR card anyways to work for Jazz.
I have gone through the iATPL program. Feel free to DM me.
So Harv's is about to start their iATPL program this coming year in the first half.
I would like to know if it would be the best suited way to move ahead with my intentions of securing an airline job or whether i would hold better grounds if i do so as opposed to the modular way of training. Also my intentions are of waiting back as i am from India and would like to settle down in Canada as let's be honest Indian Aviation is not the best at the moment and does not look promising either in the near future.
Kindly advice whether its the iATPL the way or the modular ?

Return to “Flight Training”