Seneca Honours Bachelors of Aviation Technology program

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

OldTracker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Seneca Honours Bachelors of Aviation Technology program

Post by OldTracker »

Looking for any input from current/past students on how the course measures up. Kinda worried about the math portion as well.Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by OldTracker on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Seneca Honours Bachelors of Aviation Technology program

Post by C.W.E. »

What does good math have to do with flying an airplane?

OldTracker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by OldTracker »

C.W.E. wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:46 pm What does good math have to do with flying an airplane?
I have been led to believe that math marks in this course is the main reason for loss of students. I sure would like to know if this is the case. I plan to visit the training facility in November to verify what would be the schools policy in regards to math marks. But anyone here who can let me know would be welcomed.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Save your money, and do your flight training on your own schedule via a flight school (FTU). You'll be able to complete the licensing process/training much quicker and will save money over the inflated and extraneous BS that a "college" program will throw in.

snowcrest
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by snowcrest »

Currently a first year at Seneca.

There are approximately 100-110 first years, only 30-40 go on to graduate. That should tell you a bit about the failure rate.
Courses are a flat 65% pass rate, there's no weeding out process. If you get 65+ in each course, you get to proceed to the next semester.

Getting in is not as hard as staying in. Most people got in from high school with low 80s-low 90s. A lot of people were put on a waitlist but still got an offer, so don't worry too much if you get waitlisted.

Courses are generally straight forward provided you put in the work on your end. Currently coasting through with 80%+ in all my first year courses.

I actually transferred from a different university with a background in math and physics, and I can tell you that the level of calculus at Seneca is a lot lower than the standard level at most other unis. Just do the recommended chapter questions and understand the concepts and you'll be fine.

Calculus and aeronautics are courses students usually struggle with.

Final thing, you would only go to Peterborough in May of 2021. First year is strictly at Seneca's Newnham campus in Toronto.

All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.
SpeedChecks
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SpeedChecks »

C.W.E. wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:46 pm What does good math have to do with flying an airplane?
nothing. all you need to know is how to multiply by 3!
ha!

OldTracker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by OldTracker »

snowcrest wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:22 am Currently a first year at Seneca.

There are approximately 100-110 first years, only 30-40 go on to graduate. That should tell you a bit about the failure rate.
Courses are a flat 65% pass rate, there's no weeding out process. If you get 65+ in each course, you get to proceed to the next semester.

Getting in is not as hard as staying in. Most people got in from high school with low 80s-low 90s. A lot of people were put on a waitlist but still got an offer, so don't worry too much if you get waitlisted.

Courses are generally straight forward provided you put in the work on your end. Currently coasting through with 80%+ in all my first year courses.

I actually transferred from a different university with a background in math and physics, and I can tell you that the level of calculus at Seneca is a lot lower than the standard level at most other unis. Just do the recommended chapter questions and understand the concepts and you'll be fine.

Calculus and aeronautics are courses students usually struggle with.

Final thing, you would only go to Peterborough in May of 2021. First year is strictly at Seneca's Newnham campus in Toronto.
This really helps. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. Good luck with your studies.

Return to “Flight Training”