Seneca acceptance average?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Rank 0
Rank 0

Seneca acceptance average?

Post by 2020 »

Looking for Seneca Honours Bachelors Aviation Technology Graduates. Currently in school, I have about an 80% average amongst my grade 12 classes. I know for acceptance is a min of 70, looking for the acceptance average in recent years.
Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

snowcrest
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Seneca acceptance average?

Post by snowcrest »

I'm a first year at Seneca.

High 70s - low 80s were waitlisted so be careful. I was one of those, but luckily got a place a week before the deadline.

Nobody with low-mid 70s were accepted as far as I know, unless you were a mature student.
Your best bet is to get and stay in the mid 80s range.

Cheers

All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.
indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

Save yourself two years seniority and go to Confed. Same difference in the end.

snowcrest
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by snowcrest »

indieadventurer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:08 pm Save yourself two years seniority and go to Confed. Same difference in the end.
I thought they no longer offer multi ifr?

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

snowcrest wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:16 pm
indieadventurer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:08 pm Save yourself two years seniority and go to Confed. Same difference in the end.
They don’t, so take two weeks near the end of the program and complete the multi+ifr at a local flying club. You’ll pay out of pocket but in the long run save time and money not being in college another two years and earning a shitty salary sooner.

snowcrest
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by snowcrest »

indieadventurer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:33 pm
They don’t, so take two weeks near the end of the program and complete the multi+ifr at a local flying club. You’ll pay out of pocket but in the long run save time and money not being in college another two years and earning a shitty salary sooner.
You must be fun at parties.

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

snowcrest wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:52 pm

Good point, that made me laugh.

For some perspective on my comments, I had completed a four year uni degree before aviation and wanted to get my CPL completed quickly at that point in my life.

You’re right though, if you’re young and coming from high school don’t rush it and enjoy the ride. The camaraderie decreases with each new gig.

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

And another Seneca brat has been born.

snowcrest
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by snowcrest »

172_Captain wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 pm

And another Seneca brat has been born.
Touché! Why so salty?

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

This many replies and beer pong has not been mentioned.

Seneca doesn't sound very fun.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Beefitarian wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:49 am This many replies and beer pong has not been mentioned.

Seneca doesn't sound very fun.
But Beef you get to say at parties and on social media "I'm a SENECA GRAD!!!!! I'm SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!"

And wear a 4 bar shirt everywhere. I'm AWESOME!!!!!!!! :lol:

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Everybody is a somebody.

Now you're making me want to buy a four bar shirt to play beer pong in.

Thundercheif
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Thundercheif »

There are a number of options in your case. IF you already have post secondary accreditation (degree etc) take the shortest route. You will save time and money in the long run.

Whatever you do though, STAY AWAY FROM SAULT COLLEGE!!
If you do a search here, and on some other sites on Sault College aviation, you will know why.
In short thought the program mess. I came from the program and wished I never stepped foot in the door.

90% of the the class going into year 3 (Sept 2019), the last year, did NOT have their private rating yet from year 1.
So many in the class would go 3-5 weeks without flying at all repeatedly. The programs timeline was set up based on students flying twice a week, to finish in 3 years. Only about 40% of the students finish the program according to school.

There were numerous reports of students ONLY flying 4-5 times in a 5 month period during year 2. Many students were failing their check rides because of inconsistent flying.

There are a number of students now, NOV 2019, that may be pushed out of the program and lose their tuition for the semester. Why, because the school is unable to fly them enough to reach a cut off point in their flight training. This cut off point should have been completed about a year ago.

Fly991
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fly991 »

Got accepted with a Mid-high 80 in high school. Shouldn’t be too difficult getting in If you have over an 80. The hard part is staying in. They take about 100 people and 50 are booted the first year. Graduation rate is about 25% (approx 24 ppl graduated this year)

Last edited by Fly991 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sahajghimire
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sahajghimire »

Hi guys,
I already have MBA and MS done (I'm 27) and now want to become an airline pilot. In that case, should I skip school and straight go for flight school instead and get CPL? I am asking because the whole Jazz Pathways Program sounds very lucrative but the last thing i need is another university credential.

I'd appreciate advice.
Thanks

Return to “Flight Training”