Aerocourse INRAT Seminar

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Aerocourse INRAT Seminar

Post by shawnthesheep »

Anyone recently attended the ifr seminar offered by AeroCourse?

If so was it worth it?
---------- ADS -----------

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Aerocourse INRAT Seminar

Post by DCL415 »

I haven't attended one of those courses but I thought the Inrat was the easiest exam of all so far

captainhack
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by captainhack »

I attended the seminar. Mark was a really good instructor and he tells you exactly what to study and what not to study, in addition to explaining the content. I would recommend reading the Instrument Procedures Manual, the CAP Gen, looking over the general layout of the CFS and approach plates, and reading the Aerocourse MET book before going there. If I had done that, I would have gained a lot more from the seminar since I would already know some of it.

Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heavy Rayn »

Aerocourse was an excellent experience for myself. I had Mark as well. Highly recommend it, although additional studying should be done just because IFR flying is something you want to know the ins and outs of as it carries far more dangers with it than VFR.

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

The Aerocourse INRAT is pretty good IMHO. Did mine in Calgary with Max Mitchell teaching it.. He was pretty knowledgeable and the course covered most if not all of the bases. It is heavier on the INRAT exam side of things than the IFR flying side or at least that is what I felt sitting in there back in 2016. No complaints though since that is what I was there for and it helped a whole lot when I went in to do the actual exam.

If you don't have the time or money to do it, I would still highly recommend the Aerocourse IFR workbook which you can buy separately and it does a good job of simulating the different types of questions that you can expect on your INRAT.

losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

shawnthesheep wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:07 pm Anyone recently attended the ifr seminar offered by AeroCourse?

If so was it worth it?
I took it years ago, took the exam a few days after and nearly aced it. If it's anything close to the same yes it's worth it.

losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

praveen4143 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:45 am It is heavier on the INRAT exam side of things than the IFR flying side or at least that is what I felt sitting in there back in 2016.
That's the whole point.

Return to “Flight Training”