Help with my upcoming INRAT exam

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

LeadSled204
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help with my upcoming INRAT exam

Post by LeadSled204 »

Hey guys, I have my first attempt at the INRAT next Friday, the 13th :roll: I have been and will be going hard at the Sharper Edge book and PilotTraining.ca practice exams for the next week but was wondering if some of you have your old "cheat sheets" of some of the general stuff that should be known for the exam. And if so, would you be generous enough to share them with me? Any help is greatly appreciated! My email is tanner226@hotmail.com.

Thanks again!
---------- ADS -----------

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Help with my upcoming INRAT exam

Post by Scuderia »

Take a good look at the study and reference guide. https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... u-5051.htm

Study the CAP GEN. Be confused about nothing inside of it. Practice several cold corrections.

Study chart legends.

Do the pilottraining.ca exams.

You'll do great! Good luck.

golecchr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by golecchr »

Read the RAC Section in the AIM. Very important, as there are many IFR regulation questions on the INRAT. Expect x-country questions. Know your alternate weather minimums. There is one version of the exam that has zero alternate questions, but you should still know them, as the rest of the exams do. Know CAPGEN inside out, I mean this literally. Read about GNSS and GPS in the COM section in the AIM. One version of the exam has 6 questions asking about GPS Satellite/GNSS. Know the differences between PSR and SSR. Expect questions on in-flight icing, and what to expect when approaching a winter warm front. Read the questions very slowly, don't rush. Last but not least, don't go back changing the answers, leave them alone. You'd be surprised by how many people answered questions incorrectly because they changed them when they shouldn't have. The best way to study for any exam is to do practice questions.

clairvoyant
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by clairvoyant »

....Wondering what kind of trick questions regarding PSR and SSR.
It should be a straight forward that PSR will only bounce signals without identification and altitude and required no on-board equipment (a transponder) in the aircraft while SSR requires a transponder and can identify aircrafts, speed, altitude, etc.
....or did I miss something (as usual) on this INRAT trivial pursuit game?

Return to “Flight Training”