FAA Med Exam with history of depression!!

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

DanielJ1
Rank 0
Rank 0

FAA Med Exam with history of depression!!

Post by DanielJ1 »

Hey, looking for some help or hope. I used to be on zoloft for depression, currently have been off treatment for years and stable. My medical exam was flagged and the FAA Med division keeps asking me for more information. I've been sending them medical records for 2 years. They want me to prove that I am stable, so I have to go through a psych eval and get statements from a family practitioner. I'm living in a new city so I haven't been able to establish myself with any doctors, and can't see my old doctors since they are 1800 miles away. I went to get a psych eval, and they only offer it to current patients in counseling. So here I am trying to find a new good doc, and going to counseling for depression (even though I am no longer depressed). I contacted a local flight school and will be contacting an AME near me for some tips. What else can I do?
---------- ADS -----------

jurassicjockey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: FAA Med Exam with history of depression!!

Post by jurassicjockey »

It might be worth your while for a trip home. Gives you access to a doctor with your history and would probably keep the FAA happier
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”