Multi-IFR Training CYUL area

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Flymo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Multi-IFR Training CYUL area

Post by Flymo »

Im a commercial pilot with expired instructor rating and multi engine rating.

I completed my MULTI-IFR requirements, approx. 12 years ago without having done the flight test. I recently passed my INRAT with intentions of getting Class 1 IFR done this month.

After reaching out to ALL FTU’s I am aware of in CYUL and surroundings, I have either not received a response or have received a response saying they no longer offer modular training and only offer integrated training.

Im seeking assistance on how I can obtain my goal in the earliest time frame in CYUL area, if possible, and would welcome any advice from pilots who have been in a similar situation?

TIA.
---------- ADS -----------

Float_lover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Multi-IFR Training CYUL area

Post by Float_lover »

Have you look at Lachute Aviation?
they have good reputation and probably the cheapest twin rating in Québec.
http://lachuteaviation.com/

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

You can see what Cornwall Aviation may offer: http://cornwallaviation.com/en/services/multi-ifr.html

They usually do a two week all-in kind of thing, but maybe they can accommodate other schedules as well. I'm working on my PPL there and am pretty satisfied. The folks who come and go doing their multi IFR (from all over the country) all have had nice things to say when I asked.

By the way, when I reached out to them via email last winter, they didn't answer me, but when I showed up in person this summer, they had me on my first lesson the following day.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

TalkingPie wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:22 pm You can see what Cornwall Aviation may offer: http://cornwallaviation.com/en/services/multi-ifr.html

They usually do a two week all-in kind of thing, but maybe they can accommodate other schedules as well. I'm working on my PPL there and am pretty satisfied. The folks who come and go doing their multi IFR (from all over the country) all have had nice things to say when I asked.

By the way, when I reached out to them via email last winter, they didn't answer me, but when I showed up in person this summer, they had me on my first lesson the following day.
I second this ^.

They have accommodated me in the past and on very short notice. Ie: 13:30 call to them as to inquire about a Canadian IPC. Their response was “if you can get to our field in an hour or two we can have you good to go by dinner time!”

If you’re proficient they won’t jam ya with unneeded costs.

If you aren’t they will be glad to take your money! (As they should!) A good “mom and pop” place for sure and sadly those are disappearing quickly. :(

Flymo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flymo »

Update:

Thank you for taking time to reply. Its much appreciated.

I’m assuming there is not much interest due to time of year and/or weather, but I have yet to receive a schedule of training from schools I have contacted. They are aware I'm available full time for a short period of time.

Stay tuned..... surely someone FTU wants my money. 😂

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

Weather aside, from what I can tell the likely reason you're not getting a reply to your email is because FTUs have enough demand from students these days that they don't get around to answering their emails. If you really do want to get enrolled in a course, I suggest that you'd be best off to show up in person, or at the very least call persistently enough to get someone on the phone.

Hot girls don't call up guys to ask for a date and businesses who are operating at capacity won't chase after potential customers.

ShawnR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ShawnR »

I have heard good things about Cornwall and have emailed them in the past, with no reply. I called last week to ask about scheduling, etc and the lady that helped me was very pleasant and answered all of my questions. I think it was the flight instructor's Mom.

So, phone. They will probably get busy as spring rolls in. I am looking forward to going.

"Hot girls don't call up guys to ask for a date and businesses who are operating at capacity won't chase after potential customers"....True dat....lol

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I second Cornwall. I have not had a lot to do with them yet, but one session so far went very well. They seem serious about your business, which is half of what you want.

Return to “Flight Training”