Flight Simulator

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ALI.A330
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight Simulator

Post by ALI.A330 »

Merry Christmas
Since i want to convert my ATPL license to the Canadian ATPL,i passed Samra,Saron and INRAT EXAM last week.
As per conversion with TC about the test flight, i have to pass test flight (Multi Eng IFR,Multi Crew for skill requirment of the Canadian ATPL)on the simulator to complete my conversion process.
So i want to know what is your suggestion about the training center in Vancouver to take my test flight on the simulator?
Best Regards
---------- ADS -----------

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Flight Simulator

Post by praveen4143 »

Your best bet is to do a PPC in a Level A or higher Full Flight Simulator (FFS) and that should cover all your bases. I don't think you can do it on a Flight Training Device (FTD) akin to a Redbird or an Alsim. Your other option is to do it in a real twin that is not centreline thrust.

For reference, I would look in the TP9939 and look under what will get you your initial IFR and not an IPC. A bit of a rabbit-hole from there would get you to look up FTD vs FFS.

ALI.A330
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ALI.A330 »

praveen4143 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:17 pm Your best bet is to do a PPC in a Level A or higher Full Flight Simulator (FFS) and that should cover all your bases. I don't think you can do it on a Flight Training Device (FTD) akin to a Redbird or an Alsim. Your other option is to do it in a real twin that is not centreline thrust.

For reference, I would look in the TP9939 and look under what will get you your initial IFR and not an IPC. A bit of a rabbit-hole from there would get you to look up FTD vs FFS.
Thank you for guide me,I will contact to Alsim and CAE for the test flight.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I was recently told by a tc examiner that Atpl requires an airplane ifr ride, not a sim.

ALI.A330
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ALI.A330 »

ayseven wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:25 am I was recently told by a tc examiner that Atpl requires an airplane ifr ride, not a sim.
I am sure he has mistake.I asked from the TC about the ATPL/IFR check ride
He told me you can pass ATPL/IFR test flight on the A/C or SIM,although he told me if you want to perform IFR check ride on the SIM for the first time you have to done it on the SIM Cat A/B/C or D.
Please see link below.
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... 5.htm#toc8

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Well, the TC people are known for contradicting themselves, just to get you off the phone. The solution is to do all the training on the sim, and a quick ride in the sim to warm up for the IFR ride with the examiner. There is a difference though between an IFR initial, renewal, and IFR as part of an ATPL ride. The link only refers to the the initial, and renewal of IFR Group rating.

ALI.A330
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ALI.A330 »

ayseven wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:59 am Well, the TC people are known for contradicting themselves, just to get you off the phone. The solution is to do all the training on the sim, and a quick ride in the sim to warm up for the IFR ride with the examiner. There is a difference though between an IFR initial, renewal, and IFR as part of an ATPL ride. The link only refers to the the initial, and renewal of IFR Group rating.
I actually confused,i migrate recently to Canada and just i need what do i do for ATPL/IFR ride? is it possible to do it on SIM type A/B/B or D?
Every one his own quote...
I know the regulations of the EASA or FAA because they speak clearly but your regulation is so confusing and nobody knows what they say.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

421.34. Says airplane.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

ALI.A330 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:49 pm
I know the regulations of the EASA or FAA because they speak clearly but your regulation is so confusing and nobody knows what they say.
That's how Transport Canada likes it. Keeps everyone on their toes.

Jetfly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jetfly »

Hi Ali, so how did you do it? I'm curious about your experience with the TC.

Return to “Flight Training”