ATPL advice

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ATTCS Green
Rank 0
Rank 0

ATPL advice

Post by ATTCS Green »

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone recently wrote the ATPL and INRAT exams? Any tips on what books or apps to use to prep for the exams?

Thank you in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: ATPL advice

Post by praveen4143 »

Do the Aerocourse weekend ground school if you can afford it. Worth every penny!

If not, get the Aerocourse workbook and go through the questions in there.

Also, please use the search function, there's been a ton of very similar thread in here recently. Thanks!

ATTCS Green
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ATTCS Green »

praveen4143 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:55 am Do the Aerocourse weekend ground school if you can afford it. Worth every penny!

If not, get the Aerocourse workbook and go through the questions in there.

Also, please use the search function, there's been a ton of very similar thread in here recently. Thanks!
Thank you for the information. I am still new to the site with have a look on how to search.

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Booked my Aerocoruse for January in YYC. My plan was to study from December till the seminar which starts Jan 16. Once the class is over I would head home and write both exams a few days after. Just wondering if this seems reasonable to those who have done it before.

Found
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Found »

I did the Aerocourse and found the Instrument Pilot Ground School from Harv's Air better. Also Dauntless INRAT App and www.pilotexams.com were good to get you ready after the online course from Harv's Air.

C-GKNT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by C-GKNT »

780Pilot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:00 am Booked my Aerocoruse for January in YYC. My plan was to study from December till the seminar which starts Jan 16. Once the class is over I would head home and write both exams a few days after. Just wondering if this seems reasonable to those who have done it before.
Yes, write the exams before everything they crammed in your head over the weekend falls out...I did the weekend Aerocourse and had SAMRON/SAMRA booked for the following Tuesday/Thursday.

I you have learned the material at some point in the past, the Aerocourse should be enough of a refresher to allow you pass the exams. If you have not been exposed to the material before, it will be a very loooong weekend.

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

C-GKNT wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:49 pm
780Pilot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:00 am Booked my Aerocoruse for January in YYC. My plan was to study from December till the seminar which starts Jan 16. Once the class is over I would head home and write both exams a few days after. Just wondering if this seems reasonable to those who have done it before.
Yes, write the exams before everything they crammed in your head over the weekend falls out...I did the weekend Aerocourse and had SAMRON/SAMRA booked for the following Tuesday/Thursday.

I you have learned the material at some point in the past, the Aerocourse should be enough of a refresher to allow you pass the exams. If you have not been exposed to the material before, it will be a very loooong weekend.
Thanks. In my case obviously Flight Instructing doesn't expose you to 704/705 type ops which is what I've heard the exams focus on. So ill need to pre study. I wanna be up to speed before I do the class.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Just get the workbook, do all the questions, and then go write the exams.

Easy peasy and cheaper. A month of studying and you're done..

pilotajay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilotajay »

G day mates,
Been in an airline outside Canada for 10 yrs . Looking to give the TC Atpl and Inrat exams soon. Would the aerocourse workbook be sufficient for passing the exams ? Highly appreciate your feedback please.

Aj

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

pilotajay wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:50 pm G day mates,
Been in an airline outside Canada for 10 yrs . Looking to give the TC Atpl and Inrat exams soon. Would the aerocourse workbook be sufficient for passing the exams ? Highly appreciate your feedback please.

Aj

I would think so... Just make sure that you get both the INRAT workbook as well as the ATPL/IATRA workbook. The INRAT isn’t covered in too much detail in the ATPL book.

pilotajay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilotajay »

Thanks Praveen. Will get the inrat books.

Any insight on the sharpers edge books ? as it was mentioned by one of them on a group .

Return to “Flight Training”