Logbook Question

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Logbook Question

Post by 780Pilot »

Can you log Hood and Dual x country for a student? Assume there doing CPL Training
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Logbook Question

Post by photofly »

If a cross-country flight was flown under simulated conditions:

You should accurately log the flight in your personal log as both cross-country, and having a portion of simulated instrument time (clearly it can't all be simulated instrument time.)

However you cannot take credit for the hours towards both the instrument time, and cross-country time experience requirements of the CPL: you can count the hood time on a cross-country as EITHER hood time OR cross-country time, but not both.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Logbook Question

Post by Squaretail »

(I) 5 hours night, including a minimum of 2 hours of cross-country flight time;
(amended 2006/12/14)
(II) 5 hours cross-country, which may include the cross-country experience stated in subclause (I); and
(amended 2006/12/14)
(III) 20 hours of instrument flight time in addition to the experience stated in subclauses (I) and (II). A maximum 10 hours of the 20 hours may be conducted on an approved aeroplane simulator or synthetic flight training device.
PF is correct, that in terms of the cross country dual cross country time, the 20 hours of instrument is above and beyond what is counted for the cross country time.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.

Return to “Flight Training”