Question about Moncton flight college courses

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

thsehddn1124
Rank 0
Rank 0

Question about Moncton flight college courses

Post by thsehddn1124 »

Hello, My name is Shawn and I'm 26 years old. I'm planning to go to school next year and Can anyone tell me what is the difference between (IATP) ICPC (one year course) and Diploma IATP (two years course)?

I have been talking with one of the Instructor in MFC about these courses. To become a pilot, He told me there is no big difference between these courses. He basically told me that If you want study more I can take Diploma course if not, I can take one year course.

What course should I take? Which course do you guys prefer?

Thank you,

(IATP) ICPC (one year course)
http://mfc.nb.ca/iatp-and-icpc.html

Diploma IATP (two years course)
http://mfc.nb.ca/dip-in-aviation-tech-iatp-.html
---------- ADS -----------

GoinVertical
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Question about Moncton flight college courses

Post by GoinVertical »

The diploma course gets you everything PLUS a diploma.

You'll do some math and English and business classes, etc.

Some big airlines like you to have a piece of paper with the word "Diploma" and your name written on it before they hire you.

superbilly24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by superbilly24 »

I would say it depends on your background. If you have previous college/university education, I would go with the ICPC. Get it done quicker, start working sooner. Most students in the diploma class are straight out of high school.

PilotStudy55
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PilotStudy55 »

thsehddn1124 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:34 pm Hello, My name is Shawn and I'm 26 years old. I'm planning to go to school next year and Can anyone tell me what is the difference between (IATP) ICPC (one year course) and Diploma IATP (two years course)?

I have been talking with one of the Instructor in MFC about these courses. To become a pilot, He told me there is no big difference between these courses. He basically told me that If you want study more I can take Diploma course if not, I can take one year course.

What course should I take? Which course do you guys prefer?

Thank you,

(IATP) ICPC (one year course)
http://mfc.nb.ca/iatp-and-icpc.html

Diploma IATP (two years course)
http://mfc.nb.ca/dip-in-aviation-tech-iatp-.html
Hey Shawn, My name is Matt and I'm 25 year old Nova Scotian who has applied to MFC for this summer--did you apply? I have some university behind me so I applied for the ICPC programme which is a 'zero-to-hero' programme. The diploma (as people have already said) just more coursework to provide you with a piece of paper to accompany your flight training. If you have gone to college or university, i'd avoid it as it takes longer and you already have the experience. You can do so many degrees online now and since airlines will likely care about your experience, hours, character, etc. a diploma is merely a resume booster (an expensive one if you ask me...) Message me if you applied for this summer! I'm waiting to hear back as of now. Cheers mate

cptpeake
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cptpeake »

Hey Shawn. My name is Liam. I just completed my four year degree program with MFC this April, so hopefully I can help a bit. ICPC and IATP, with respect to flight training, are basically the exact same; you will finish each program with roughly the same amount of time in your logbook and with the same licenses/ratings. Where they differ is in the classroom. With the two year program, you will be exposed to much more than just aviation related subjects, thus making you appear more 'well-rounded' when going off into the ranks of other pilots. That being said, each program will offer you plenty of experience. I chose the university route as I am interested in aviation and engineering and am hoping to now move on to get my engineering degree. Hope this helps! Good luck! If you're interested in anything else surrounding MFC just shoot me a message.

nstownie181
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nstownie181 »

Hey Shawn,

I realize your original post was posted quite some time ago, but I was hoping you may be able to provide some insight on MFC! Did you end up pursuing the ICPC course?

Im a 26 yr old currently living in Nova Scotia, with a Bachelors of Engineering degree under my belt, and am strongly considering the ICPC course at MFC! I do not have any previous flight experience, but after doing some research it seems like the ICPC program would be a great fit for me, as one of the prerequisites are having a diploma/degree. Would love to connect with you and hear more about your experiences at MFC!

Thanks
Adrian

Return to “Flight Training”