At a road block

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: lilfssister, North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain

Cristian_Recinos14
Rank 0
Rank 0

At a road block

Post by Cristian_Recinos14 »

I started my training this past August and it's been going good. Currently attending Harvs Air at st.andrews and I like the school it's great my instructor is great also very helpful. But now I'm in a bit of a jam money wise, I understand its expensive studying to be a pilot so I'm just wondering if there's any Grant's or stuff out there that I could apply for to get enough money to finish my flight school or what other people have done. Or is it wise to finish my ppl then take a break work make money and go back finish my CPL then break again to get my MIFR or maybe just fly like 2 or 3 times a week while still working and just fly when I can with what I make while working and kinda take it as part time?
---------- ADS -----------

Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: At a road block

Post by Choppermech1986 »

I see nobody has replied to this, and I feel unqualified to offer much advice except that until flying becomes your profession, you need to use the skills you currently have to support yourself.

Other people either get a loan from their parents or work and save enough to pay for it themselves, if you can't do the former, it'll have to be the latter. Save your pennies, study hard, volunteer at the airport near you, and get yourself in a position to finish the license in one fell swoop.

All the best.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”