Ontario-flight training returning ?? Phase1-2-3

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Civic
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ontario-flight training returning ?? Phase1-2-3

Post by Civic »

Hope everyone is playing safe and chugging forward we’ll. Here in Ontario I’m curious to hear which phase the return of flight training will return among the 3 phases Doug Ford suggested.

Any crystal balls out there ?

Be safe
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Ontario-flight training returning ?? Phase1-2-3

Post by photofly »

Pretty sure Transport Canada is going to issue a formal instruction that it will be in Phase 4.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Or 5.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Civic
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Civic »

photofly wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:30 am Pretty sure Transport Canada is going to issue a formal instruction that it will be in Phase 4.
I don’t know why I ask ! I’ll look forward for phase 10 then. Thanks again

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

I don't get the rush? The earliest people will be getting a job is MINIMUM 4-5 years away!

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Not everyone who wants to learn to fly is interested in getting a job doing it.

Civic
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Civic »

gtappl wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:23 pm I don't get the rush? The earliest people will be getting a job is MINIMUM 4-5 years away!
You really think that long! Holy smokies! Yeah not everyone wants to get a job but just learn how to fly for pleasure.

BigBeautifulRadials
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BigBeautifulRadials »

gtappl wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:23 pm I don't get the rush? The earliest people will be getting a job is MINIMUM 4-5 years away!
I have a job up north I need to do recurrent training through a FTU prior to season start, which I'm still being told to expect June first. I know its a bit naive to think that will happen but still trying to be optimistic.

Civic
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Civic »

BigBeautifulRadials wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:13 pm
I have a job up north I need to do recurrent training through a FTU prior to season start, which I'm still being told to expect June first. I know its a bit naive to think that will happen but still trying to be optimistic.

I’m hearing August at the earliest for flight training, time will tell.

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

BigBeautifulRadials wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:13 pm
Thanks I never considered that!

flyindutchman1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyindutchman1996 »

I go to a flight school in Alberta which is opening up next week. I believe schools can get permission if they prove they can maintain some degree of social distancing, safety, and hygiene

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

flyindutchman1996 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:05 am I go to a flight school in Alberta which is opening up next week. I believe schools can get permission if they prove they can maintain some degree of social distancing, safety, and hygiene
They can't really do dual flights with AHS or TCs blessings at the moment. Freedom Air is open for solo flights only. So the only People flying are CPL students.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

flyindutchman1996 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:05 am I go to a flight school in Alberta which is opening up next week. I believe schools can get permission if they prove they can maintain some degree of social distancing, safety, and hygiene
Which school would that be?

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain

Return to “Flight Training”