TC Office Exam Wait Times

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

TC Office Exam Wait Times

Post by 780Pilot »

Got an email from our inspector a few days ago for our FTU. The Edmonton office is booking exams right after Canada Day. Told my CPL students to call and book. The voicemail box was full so they had to email. We now heard that the backlog in the Edmonton area for exams is about 100 people. So my CPL guys are booking mid July for exams. Just wondering how wait times are across Canada at other TC offices if anyone knows?
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: TC Office Exam Wait Times

Post by 7ECA »

For what it's worth, that seems like a fairly reasonable wait time - at this point.

I'm sure it'll end up growing markedly, as more people realize the exam centres are opening up; in addition to the fact that TC is going to probably have limited availabilities every day, etc., to comply with Health Canada guidelines.

gustind
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by gustind »

Toronto office is trying to use the auditorium in the 4900 building to sit multiple, many exams at once. If a flight school has the space to have 10 or more students write any exam at a time, they will send an invigilator to the flight school. Toronto is trying to get up to 100 per week as per my phone call with the office.

Daniel Gustin
Found
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Found »

gustind wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:42 pm Toronto office is trying to use the auditorium in the 4900 building to sit multiple, many exams at once. If a flight school has the space to have 10 or more students write any exam at a time, they will send an invigilator to the flight school. Toronto is trying to get up to 100 per week as per my phone call with the office.
I heard they were still closed until Parliament goes back to work in the fall, just some inspectors working from home. Maybe I should call Hamilton, I was booked to write before this started, they canceled my exam because of COVID-19. They did say they would call me as soon as they opened, not sure why they wouldn't call if they are opening.

laplava
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by laplava »

Does anyone have any info regarding the wait time at the Toronto TC office? Is the building closed again due to the new province wide lockdown in Ontario? Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Gowyn
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gowyn »

Received this 16 Feb from Toronto office.

“If you are able to write your exam sometime in the month of March please advise (we have availability as early as March 8th for the CPAER), otherwise you will be contacted at a later date when April bookings begin”

Still waiting to hear back about April bookings

Called Hamilton office a couple of weeks ago, they have a waiting list of 200, writing 9 per week. Said only about half on the list are writing so Hamilton looks about ten week wait.

Toronto was pretty short notice, first time they contacted me it was an option to write in two weeks, too short notice for me.

geneticistx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by geneticistx »

INRAT was scheduled and written within 2 months in Toronto.

Keppen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Keppen »

Recently called the Edmonton and Saskatoon office.

Edmonton: Join the wait-list (Been on it for over a month no response)
Saskatoon: Writing Exams but booking into August.

Really hoping to get my A's completed this summer

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Keppen wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:01 pm Recently called the Edmonton and Saskatoon office.

Edmonton: Join the wait-list (Been on it for over a month no response)
Saskatoon: Writing Exams but booking into August.

Really hoping to get my A's completed this summer
Any news how Calgary is? Same thing for lots of my students waitlisted in YEG and no end in sight.

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

About 6 weeks for me in the Calgary office.

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by avcraig »

With the back log in exams, do you guys anticipate they will extend the current exemption for doing the CPL Flight Test before the Written? "NCR-128-2020" for reference.

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

avcraig wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:48 am With the back log in exams, do you guys anticipate they will extend the current exemption for doing the CPL Flight Test before the Written? "NCR-128-2020" for reference.
At this point I can't see how they don't exstend it.

Canuck1988
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Canuck1988 »

For Vancouver wait times seem to be about a month or just over to write exams. If you need an inspector for a Flight Instructor ride, the wait time is currently 1.5 months pushing 2 months.

Keppen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Keppen »

avcraig wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:48 am With the back log in exams, do you guys anticipate they will extend the current exemption for doing the CPL Flight Test before the Written? "NCR-128-2020" for reference.
As per COPA in email dated a week ago:

"CPL WRITTEN EXAMS – Written CPL exams are now being invigilated at Brampton Flying Club (CNC3), Kitchener-Waterloo (CYKF), Harv’s Air Service at St. Andrews, MB (CYAV), and Steinbach, MB (CKK7). Chinook Helicopters, Abbotsford, BC, (CYXX), Moncton Flight College (CYQM), Air Richelieu (CYHU), and Super T Aviation, Medicine Hat, AB (CYXH) will soon be added to this list. Many of these schools are also supervising written PPL exams. "

Hope this helps!

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

If Super T were to start doing CPL exams down there would you still just email the PNR email or call Super T directly? Id probably send at least 4 guys down to YXH to write if that is the case.

pild04
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pild04 »

Just for your information TC released the following exemptions for the written exams:

NCR-018-2021: Candidates for the Pilot Permit – Gyroplane, Pilot Permit – Recreational - Aeroplane and the Private Pilot Licence to attempt the written examinations with at least 5 hours of total flight experience, as well as to allow all other candidates to attempt the written examinations with only 25% of the total flight experience for the issuance of a permit, licence or rating until January 31, 2022, as a temporary measure.

NCR-025-2021- Applicants who have applied for a permit, licence or rating after March 11th, 2020 and who have successfully-completed the knowledge requirement, to extend the knowledge requirements by 10 months.

pild04
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pild04 »

TC just issued an exemption you were looking for - NCR-021-2021

monsieur_zero
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by monsieur_zero »

Anyone knows how long for TC to reply to your email for a date? Emailed them almost 2 weeks ago and I haven’t receive any reply

Return to “Flight Training”