Need Advice to choose flight school in BC

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Nabz1212
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need Advice to choose flight school in BC

Post by Nabz1212 »

Hello Folks,

Staying safe everybody!!
i need advise from you all kind aviators here. I am currently training in Ontario and i am planning to move to BC somewhere by Delta. Reasons to move :-
-family
-get my CPL (pending PPL flight test) by September 2021,things are slowly opening up in ON however dual flight training wont happen until mid AUG.(speaking of my school).
-wx in BC would allow more flights than ON.winters of course

Please if you can suggest flights school in BC that would be suitable to my conditions and get things rolling.i understand there is no rush to cpl in given circumstance but CPL is first milestone that will open other doors for me .

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Nabz1212 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Need Advice to choose flight school in BC

Post by Turboprops »

Wait who told you lower mainland weather is better than ON? It’s basically not flyable during the winter months

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

You're bound to get way more flying done if you stay in the prairies.
1. Less population density, hence faster to recover from a second or third or umpteenth wave of the pandemic.
2. Lesser fog or precip days leading to much more flying days.
3. Wind and Thunderstorm always a concern on the prairie but if you try to fly a couple times every day before 3 pm, it improves your chances of ideal weather a lot more.
4. Go towards SK or MB for the least complicated airspace, thereby providing you with more time spent doing useful training as opposed to say Vancouver where you might spend a while going around airspace so that you can make it to the practice area each flight!

Now if you absolutely must train in BC, try going to Penticton or Vernon - flight schools there with faster access to "training" airspace. If you absolutely must stay in the lower mainland, maybe go talk to Coastal Pacific or Principal Air at Abbotsford...

Last edited by praveen4143 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Nabz1212 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 pm
-wx in BC would allow more flights than ON.winters of course

Thanks
I think not....

pilotbear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilotbear »

Have you thought about Vancouver Island? Weather is usually better than in Lower Mainland, more flying days...

Return to “Flight Training”