Flight schools lower mainland

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Stixx
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight schools lower mainland

Post by Stixx »

Hi guys,
I’m gonna be starting brand new at this and I have zero past experience. I don’t really know any pilots or have any family in the industry. I’ve read a few posts and some people say to visit the schools and check out their fleet etc, the problem is I don’t really even know what planes to look for. If I could get some honest opinions from you guys as to where to start (I don’t have to complete at that school) my flight training. I live almost exactly between Langley airport and Boundary Bay. I’ve read pro about boundary bay is you get more experience with a busy airport vs Langley less wait times on runway etc. Like I said I’m coming with zero experience so any information from experienced current/former students/instructors would be greatly appreciated. Note I plan on doing this full time and want to take the fastest, most economical route.
Thanks so much in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

tombrooks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Flight schools lower mainland

Post by tombrooks »

Stixx wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:25 pm Hi guys,
I’m gonna be starting brand new at this and I have zero past experience. I don’t really know any pilots or have any family in the industry. I’ve read a few posts and some people say to visit the schools and check out their fleet etc, the problem is I don’t really even know what planes to look for. If I could get some honest opinions from you guys as to where to start (I don’t have to complete at that school) my flight training. I live almost exactly between Langley airport and Boundary Bay. I’ve read pro about boundary bay is you get more experience with a busy airport vs Langley less wait times on runway etc. Like I said I’m coming with zero experience so any information from experienced current/former students/instructors would be greatly appreciated. Note I plan on doing this full time and want to take the fastest, most economical route.
Thanks so much in advance.
I've sent you a PM

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Langley airport will start you off closer to any practise area you'll want to use, so you'll spend less of your lessons transiting back and forth.

Langley can be busy at times too if you want the busy airport experience. You're better off at a quiet airport initially though. If you need busy, you can always go over to Boundary on a few lessons, or to Pitt. Variety is key.

Canuck1988
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Canuck1988 »

Sent you a PM.

Rwy17
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rwy17 »

You will gain great experience at both airports. Langley is much smaller, but it will really teach you how to be precise with your aircraft manouvering

Return to “Flight Training”