Cornwall aviation for IFR 3 training?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

strickenrudder
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cornwall aviation for IFR 3 training?

Post by strickenrudder »

Anybody went there ? What was your experience?
---------- ADS -----------

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Cornwall aviation for IFR 3 training?

Post by ayseven »

Cornwall Aviation is very professional from my own experience.

TurkeyFarmYQX
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TurkeyFarmYQX »

I did my Multi and Group 1 there very recently and absolutely loved it. Great instructors and fair examiners. Can't recommend Cornwall enough.

They don't nickel and dime you to death and respect your wallet.

That being said, their Blast-Off program is intense, expect to be flying twice a day and probably have a ground lesson in-between those flights. They will hammer you out quickly so be ready to spend $1000+ a day, everyday. Sorry, I should note my expenses were that high because all my flying was in a Seminole. I finished my training in about two weeks and that was with five days that were no fly.

revilo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by revilo »

Do they require you to show up with a multi rating for the multi ifr blast off? In your experience what did it end up costing? Im comparing my options for multi ifr and while I know there is no ''cheap'' when it comes to multi IFR, im wondering what the most economical route is.

TurkeyFarmYQX
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TurkeyFarmYQX »

No you don't need your multi rating to do the Blast Off. You'll do all your flying in the Seminole for your IFR rating or in the Redbird sim. Most people do both ratings at the same time and do their multi flight test a few days before their IFR flight test.

Return to “Flight Training”