Booking exam with TC in Ontario

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Cherokee12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Booking exam with TC in Ontario

Post by Cherokee12 »

Trying to schedule a block to write my atpl exams in Ottawa and cannot get a hold of anyone at transport. Tried the email (aviation.ont) and the leaving voice mails with no luck. Both numerous times over the last couple weeks.

Has anyone had any luck to book an exam lately? Any advice?

What a disgraceful level of service.
---------- ADS -----------

PilotY
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Booking exam with TC in Ontario

Post by PilotY »

Toronto and Peel have been COVID hotspots and recently just got sent back into lockdown. That might have something to do with it.

Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

4900 Yonge St. in Toronto has shutdown until further notice. If you’re in Ottawa, you might want to email the QC region to write the exam. I know that they’re still taking appointments.

TurkeyFarmYQX
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TurkeyFarmYQX »

Welcome to lockdown, it's going to be a while. I've been trying to write my IATRA for months.

Cherokee12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cherokee12 »

The TC Quebec office called me back within a day. I can't write my exam in Montreal because I'm out of region.

Still nothing from Ontario. Guess they just decided to stop working all together. What a waste of my taxes.

Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

Cherokee12 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:16 pm The TC Quebec office called me back within a day. I can't write my exam in Montreal because I'm out of region.

Still nothing from Ontario. Guess they just decided to stop working all together. What a waste of my taxes.
What do you mean by out of region? You can write the exam in any TC office throughout Canada.

Cherokee12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cherokee12 »

Pilotdaddy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:44 pm
Cherokee12 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:16 pm The TC Quebec office called me back within a day. I can't write my exam in Montreal because I'm out of region.

What do you mean by out of region? You can write the exam in any TC office throughout Canada.
Local covid restrictions....TC address on file must be same region as office you want to write.

Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

Cherokee12 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:57 am
Pilotdaddy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:44 pm

Local covid restrictions....TC address on file must be same region as office you want to write.

Weird... I just wrote an exam in the PAC region and I have an ON address. I was also able to schedule exams in the QC region and the Atlantic region with no problems. This was also literally just a couple of days ago.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Pilotdaddy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:11 am Weird... I just wrote an exam in the PAC region and I have an ON address. I was also able to schedule exams in the QC region and the Atlantic region with no problems. This was also literally just a couple of days ago.
You've just wrote an exam out west and are writing 2 other separate TC exams in 2 different regions within a few days? That's dedication to get those exams written.

Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:59 am
Pilotdaddy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:11 am Weird... I just wrote an exam in the PAC region and I have an ON address. I was also able to schedule exams in the QC region and the Atlantic region with no problems. This was also literally just a couple of days ago.
You've just wrote an exam out west and are writing 2 other separate TC exams in 2 different regions within a few days? That's dedication to get those exams written.
No, that's not it. One exam request blasted to all regions. Decided to go with the first one that responded.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Pilotdaddy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:58 pm
No, that's not it. One exam request blasted to all regions. Decided to go with the first one that responded.
Ah gotcha!

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

Pilotdaddy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:58 pm
That's still dedication, flying to BC to write an exam. Did travel restrictions have any impact?

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
Hawk009
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hawk009 »

Has there been any updates to this situation?
I was under the assumption Northern Ontario regions will be open sometime mid January and maybe we would be able to schedule there but haven’t read anything about it

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

The lockdown in NO has been extended until the 25th of January, I believe.

Not that it matters much, it was near impossible to write the exams this year when there wasn't a lockdown.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
D33139723
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by D33139723 »

I had a date booked in YQT for Jan 13th but it was cancelled due to the lockdown. I was told I would get a call back when they reopen. With all that being said it took 4 - 6 weeks of calling and e-mailing to finally get a hold of someone in the Ontario region to talk to them about exams. They are definitely slow to reply to e-mails...

smooth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by smooth »

Same here, I need to write my atpl. Got a email from TC on Yonge St., it's total lockdown with further notice...I agree with you that is a disgrace, I sent 5 emails to TC before i get a reply about 2 weeks later. I mean i understand people are working from home nowadays, but they can still answering phone and email. Being furloughed from my job I figured it's the best time to study and write atp so time doesn't get wasted...now what we do?

Hawk009
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hawk009 »

smooth wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:14 pm Same here, I need to write my atpl. Got a email from TC on Yonge St., it's total lockdown with further notice...I agree with you that is a disgrace, I sent 5 emails to TC before i get a reply about 2 weeks later. I mean i understand people are working from home nowadays, but they can still answering phone and email. Being furloughed from my job I figured it's the best time to study and write atp so time doesn't get wasted...now what we do?
It seems to be an Ontario thing! Other regions are very prompt in their responses, i mean within an hour of sending an email! Wonder why Ontario play it hard to get lol

Has anyone else attempted scheduling out of Ontario?

Return to “Flight Training”