Aerocadet Program

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

manta
Rank 0
Rank 0

Aerocadet Program

Post by manta »

Hi,

Can any kind soul pls give a review about the Aerocadet program to pursue flight training. It has a tie up with Canadian Flight Academy(Toronto Airways). I am not sure how legitimate the program is. Appreciate a review.

Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Aerocadet Program

Post by Turboprops »

Oh god stay away from Toronto Airways...
Unless they drastically improved since moving to Oshawa

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Turboprops wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:25 am Oh god stay away from Toronto Airways...
Any reasons, background or facts to go along with this anonymous bashing?

Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Turboprops »

Aviatard wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:54 am
Turboprops wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:25 am Oh god stay away from Toronto Airways...
Any reasons, background or facts to go along with this anonymous bashing?
So if you really want to know...

They would find every possible way to not let you fly (either as a renter or student solo). Stronger than 15 kts of wind? Ah idk lemme call your instructor, not sure if you can handle this wind. (I already had my PPL was just time building). Their wx limit clearly says 30 knots or something for renters.
Going out on a night flight? Give me the exact sunset time during your last 5 night landings to prove that you can take passengers.
Got some possible TS north of lake simcoe? Nope you can’t fly to Niagara Falls because there’s no boundary in the sky and those TS can easily make it down south without you noticing it, and i’m sure as a PPL holder you’ll fly right into it.
It’s almost like they don’t want you to fly

Need to refuel somewhere other than Buttonville? Let us reimburse you $1 every litre when avgas is clearly way more than that. Oh and they lost my receipt so i never got reimbursed for my 300nm xc.

Many instructors milk students for hours, for example an entire hour spent on the ground practicing “taxiing”, or fly their seminole to the practice area, do 2 steep turns and a stall then come back. Mind you it was a solid 0.4 hr to go to the practice area and back. 0.4 hr multiply by $400/hr on the multi, yea thats a lot of money that they’re basically scamming you.

Oh and there was an instructor charging 0.3 briefing for every single flight even if he just spent 5 min talking to you post flight. Back when they were in buttonville, their boss didnt care what the instructors were doing, hence a bunch of crappy instructors were getting by.

Please tell me these have changed since they moved to Oshawa because it was actually a good school when I started PPL training.

Return to “Flight Training”