Do you need to renew a Class 4 Instructor Rating (Covid Exemptions)?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

GoodGuy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Do you need to renew a Class 4 Instructor Rating (Covid Exemptions)?

Post by GoodGuy »

I’m not currently working as an instructor but I’d like to keep my rating current. My question is in regards to Covid exemptions indicating that privileges no longer expired until you received a new license.

I did receive the sticker from Transport Canada sometime after passing my rating flight test, so I guess it’s not a temporary privilege then? But an instructor rating is temporary isn’t it not?

Do I need to renew the instructor rating as per usual? Please advise.
Provision: 401.06(2)
Issuing Office: HQ
OPI: AARTJ
Company Name: Global
A/C Registration:
Issue Date: 2021-06-02
Expiry Date: 2022-01-31
Purpose: NCR-020-2021 The purpose of this exemption is to allow the certification of additional privileges endorsed on a permit or licence to only expire upon receipt of a new permit or licence granting those privileges, instead of the normally prescribed period of 90 days for a temporary endorsement. The purpose of this exemption is to adopt temporary measures in the public interest to reduce the potential of person to person transmission in Canada as the COVID-19 pandemic persist, and as governmental measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 are extended through time.
---------- ADS -----------

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Do you need to renew a Class 4 Instructor Rating (Covid Exemptions)?

Post by yhz41 »

Yes.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Do you need to renew a Class 4 Instructor Rating (Covid Exemptions)?

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

When you do a flight test you had your license endorsed by the PE with a pen an ink entry in your ADB. That endorsement was only valid for 90 days at which point you should have received your sticker from TC.

Due to COVID-19 processing times for stickers increased and so to avoid pilots loosing privileges solely due to the inability of TC to process the license/rating and issue the sticker, an exemption was issued.

In the case of Instructor ratings, TC realized that it could be hard to get a flight test in to renew the ratings so they just issued new stickers extending the ratings for 3 Months. What ever date is on your most current sticker is the valid to date of your rating

Return to “Flight Training”