Flight school

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

iYehia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight school

Post by iYehia »

Hello Aviators,

i'm an international student pursuing flight training in Canada sooner, Do you recommend any flight school that currently accepting international students as most of schools i contacted don't even reply to the email.

Also is there any schools that does not require a deposit from international students ?

Which province do you recommend regarding good weather and affordable living expenses?

Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Flight school

Post by rookiepilot »

iYehia wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:46 pm Hello Aviators,

i'm an international student pursuing flight training in Canada sooner, Do you recommend any flight school that currently accepting international students as most of schools i contacted don't even reply to the email.

Also is there any schools that does not require a deposit from international students ?

Which province do you recommend regarding good weather and affordable living expenses?

Thank you.
You Don’t ask for much……

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Why hello aspiring aviator.

Did you try the Calgary flying club?

They might have a waiting list but they will take your money and partially dependent on you, maybe even train you until you have a CPL with lots of great ratings..

As for affordable living expenses in Canada you are at least five years too late.

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

partially dependant on you, what exactly does that mean Beef?

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

iYehia, there are lots of plaes that fit the bill for what you are asking. two places that i am familiar with are the Victoria Flying Club http://flyvfc.com although the winter weather can be a little dodgy in terms of rain/cloud.
Harv's Air https://www.harvsair.com In Manitoba seems to have a lot of experience with international students, also. Winters there are !cold!

Good luck!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
iYehia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by iYehia »

Beefitarian wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:31 am Why hello aspiring aviator.

They might have a waiting list but they will take your money and partially dependent on you, maybe even train you until you have a CPL with lots of great ratings..

As for affordable living expenses in Canada you are at least five years too late.
Do you have personal experience with CFC ? I mean after too much research I ended up choosing Calgary to settle down. Is CFC The best option? Is there any other good options around the area ?

iYehia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by iYehia »

North Shore wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:10 am iYehia, there are lots of plaes that fit the bill for what you are asking. two places that i am familiar with are the Victoria Flying Club http://flyvfc.com although the winter weather can be a little dodgy in terms of rain/cloud.
Harv's Air https://www.harvsair.com In Manitoba seems to have a lot of experience with international students, also. Winters there are !cold!

Good luck!
Honestly I've excluded all BC due to the weather, and considered the prairies that's why Harv's sounds great to me, I've been emailing them for a while and they are so professional and transparent, but i still have something inside my chest makes me biased to Alberta. Maybe because it's a combination between sightseeing, good weather and reasonable prices compared to GTA and BC. So do you have any recommendations around Calgary or maybe Edmonton ?

iYehia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by iYehia »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:36 pm
iYehia wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:46 pm Hello Aviators,

Thank you.
You Don’t ask for much……
That's only the initial question :lol:

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

iYehia wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:52 pm
North Shore wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:10 am iYehia, there are lots of plaes that fit the bill for what you are asking. two places that i am familiar with are the Victoria Flying Club http://flyvfc.com although the winter weather can be a little dodgy in terms of rain/cloud.

Good luck!
Honestly I've excluded all BC due to the weather, and considered the prairies that's why Harv's sounds great to me, I've been emailing them for a while and they are so professional and transparent, but i still have something inside my chest makes me biased to Alberta. Maybe because it's a combination between sightseeing, good weather and reasonable prices compared to GTA and BC. So do you have any recommendations around Calgary or maybe Edmonton ?
I know nothing about any flight schools in Alberta. Sorry.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

iYehia wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:41 pm Do you have personal experience with CFC ? I mean after too much research I ended up choosing Calgary to settle down. Is CFC The best option? Is there any other good options around the area ?
I have occasionally flown around with an instructor in their planes. It was ok. I liked it better in 1995 when it was less expensive but then again wages are better these days.

Now days if you’re lighter than me you can fly the yellow two seater with the little wheel at the back. It’s fun, I would prefer it to have more power.

I don’t know how the other places are. You would need to try them all to know which one you like best.
shamrock104 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:06 am partially dependant on you, what exactly does that mean Beef?
If you have participated in any flight training. You should have noticed there’s a lot of things to learn. Quite a few people never finish. I’m not sure but I might be done and I never did finish getting a CPL.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

iYehia wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:41 pm
Beefitarian wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:31 am Why hello aspiring aviator.

Do you have personal experience with CFC ? I mean after too much research I ended up choosing Calgary to settle down. Is CFC The best option? Is there any other good options around the area ?
Springbank Air Training College is across the street. Give them a look as well.

JW1891
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JW1891 »

It can be very difficult to get any Canadian flight school to answer a foreign email inquirey.

You will do far better calling on the phone.

Return to “Flight Training”