P-STAR

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

OW: You're answering the wrong question. The question was how long the PSTAR was valid for until one got their SPP signed.
---------- ADS -----------

OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

I realize that the original question was to do with the pstar. My last response was to N8 who seems to be stuck on the SPP being valid for 2 yrs.

That, as I have tried to point out more than once here is dependant on the valid time left on the medical at the time of issue of the SPP.

As for the original question of "How long is the PSTARm valid?". I guess this thread won't rest until I look it up.

I'll be back! :roll:

Pilots get higher, SCUBA Divers do it deeper!
OW
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by OW »

The Definitive answer is,as expected, in CARs as follows:

400.03(1) Subject to subsection (3), tests, skill letters and examinations, including all sections of a sectionalized examination, that are required for the issuance of a permit or licence or for the endorsement of a permit or licence with a rating shall be completed during the 24-month period immediately preceding the date of the application for the permit, licence or rating.
(amended 2003/06/01; previous version)

Note: subsection 3 deals with Maintenance.

The answer is, therefore, that the PSTAR is valid for 24 months.

The question still remains: Why would you take so long to have a student pilot permit issued?

Once the student pilot permit is issued the validity is extended to the Medical Expiry Date. (and the circle continues...) :roll:

Pilots get higher, SCUBA Divers do it deeper!
N8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N8 »

Ya.... well what if it's a leap year..... Do you get the extra day?..... Just kidding. :lol:

May this thread rest in peace.

Shady McSly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: P-STAR

Post by Shady McSly »

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re:

Post by Bede »

OW wrote: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:49 am I honestly don't know how long you have between writing the P-star and having a Student Pilot Permit issued (I do issue Student Pilot Permits), but I would suspect that if it took you two years to progress from writing the exam to getting a permit issued, you have some serious problems to deal with that are much more important than the expiry time.
Or you're under 14 years of age...

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Re:

Post by praveen4143 »

Bede wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:07 am
Or you're under 14 years of age...
Just make sure that you write the PSTAR exam the day you turn 12 or after, you eager beaver, you.... :wink:

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: P-STAR

Post by Beefitarian »

I'm about eleven maturity wise. That doesn't prevent me from holding a PPL though.

Return to “Flight Training”