Cessna 152 and 172 specs

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Melo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Cessna 152 and 172 specs

Post by Melo »

Anyone know where I can get some info with regards to cabin specs of these two airplanes? I actually what to pinpoint the cabin width for each. I am assuming the cockpit in the 172 is wider than an 152, but how much more??

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Given that your location is CYYZ, Aviation World would the place of choice to pick up a Pilot Operating Handbook for both.

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
L1011
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by L1011 »

These are for the 172S:

The front of the cabin measures 39.5 inches across from mid-window level, and 34 inches at the floor. It is 48 inches from the floor to the ceiling.
The rear passenger seats measure 38.5 at mid-window, and 36 at the floor. It is 43 inches from the floor to the ceiling.

I scanned in the section that has these specs from my POH, but I'm new here and don't know how to add images!

As far as the 152 POH goes, yeah, Aviation World has a few of those kickin around.[/img]

hytymes
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by hytymes »

35" across the cabin at the lower window line (28" across at the floor)

41" high at the instrument panel

Cramped with an instructor, comfy solo.

hytymes

At age 4, I fell in love with airplanes. More than a quarter century later I've decided to do something about it.

Return to “Flight Training”