PTRs

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

PTRs

Post by Invertago »

So, I've seen some great excel log books out there, anyone see any excel PTRs out there for sharing? Just looking at reducing some paperwork a bit here, any suggestions would be appriciated.
---------- ADS -----------

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
MDT
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: PTRs

Post by MDT »

Sky Wings in Red Deer was using an Excel PTR a few years ago. I don't recall if it had any viable space for comments by the instructor. Depending on the number of terminals available it might be more of a hassel than a help at the end of the day.

Tim
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tim »

if you know anyone who is moderatly good at excel programming they should be able to whip one up for you, the equations are fairly simply for logbook stuff.

if you want it to look pretty you might have to pay.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Tim wrote:if you know anyone who is moderatly good at excel programming they should be able to whip one up for you, the equations are fairly simply for logbook stuff.

if you want it to look pretty you might have to pay.
might we worth it, especially for a ftu.

I Я Instructor
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I Я Instructor »

Might want to be careful about that... there's a school I know of that went all digital until they started submitting them to TC. Unlike handwritten logs, the digital versions can easily be modified. The school in question had issues and hoops to jump through... just throwing it out there...

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

I see what you mean, being easy to edit after the fact. I just hate how messy a ptr can get when your filling exhausted at the end of a long day and you fill in something in the wrong column and have to scratch it out. Thats why I like my digital log book. Plus everything is always added and fully up to date for me when I want to look at it. I might just make my own excel version. If TC complains, I'll just hand scribe it later, at least it will be neat and always up to date while it is in use.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Tim
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tim »

I Я Instructor wrote:Might want to be careful about that... there's a school I know of that went all digital until they started submitting them to TC. Unlike handwritten logs, the digital versions can easily be modified. The school in question had issues and hoops to jump through... just throwing it out there...
you can password protect excel worksheets, that way only the instructors can make entries/changes

FlaplessDork
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by FlaplessDork »

I Я Instructor wrote:Might want to be careful about that... there's a school I know of that went all digital until they started submitting them to TC. Unlike handwritten logs, the digital versions can easily be modified. The school in question had issues and hoops to jump through... just throwing it out there...
They have just as many issues with hand written PTR's being messy and illegible.

Return to “Flight Training”