Tips for developing "updated" lesson plans

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Tips for developing "updated" lesson plans

Post by skybaron »

Hey folks,

I've been out of the instructing field for a couple of years now, and prior to getting back on the saddle, I would like to update my old lesson plan/ground school briefing notes.

At the moment, everything I have must be written on a board (with my poor penmanship), with the exception of some super old graphics that I have for an overhead projector.

Now, I know that the point of each lesson still gets across to the students, as these lessons plans have worked for me in the past, but, does anyone have any tips on what I could use/do to bring something a little more modern to the table?

I've noticed that Jeppesen has a PPL maneuvre image CD. Has anyone used this for their presentations? Any alternates - cheaper??
http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/main/sto ... id=prod818

Appreciate any help with this.
Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Tips for developing "updated" lesson plans

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

I am a big believer in using the white board because what you write can be tailored exactly for the level the student is at. Lesson plans on electronic media are one size fits all and therefore can either be too simple or too complex for the particular student and situation. That been said there is some great power point charts that make very good hand outs. You might want to have a look at some of the stuff Rod Muchado has. I am the original ludite but I have been looking at some of the video clips on Youtube. There is lots of quite good short little clips, for example there is a 2 min clip of a stall taken with an aircraft with a tuffed wing. I am thinking of pulling together a library of these clips so I could have them on my laptop.

Of topic but if anybody in avcanada land has a link to a good clip I would appreciate if you would post it.

skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skybaron »

Checked out some You Tube clips, pretty good... There's also a good post on this forum titled "Video Training Aids" that lists a few clips to rip.

Louis
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Louis »

Check out the FAA Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, and their Airplane Flying Handbook. Both have a lot of great illustrations. Free and online.

Return to “Flight Training”