Pstarophobia!

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ragequit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Pstarophobia!

Post by ragequit »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by ragequit on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I thought that you had to read the reference material and study. Test bank? Not as far as I knew.

For my AME exams I got a ton of 'transcribed' questions and answers from other AMEs that may have contained the correct questions and answers. I broke down and bought Kulhaynze for my IFR, mostly to get my brain into the TC mindset of asking quesions (with sliding scales, alternate minima, and other weather considerations I found the IFR exam the most challenging).

A question bank makes it pretty much a no brainer.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
floatplanepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by floatplanepilot »

Just find the answers for the study guide using the references in the back. Then memorize the answers for each question as the actual test questions are a selection taken verbatim out of the guide.

RobChipman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RobChipman »

You can just memorize the answers to all 200 questions pretty easily. There are lots of online quizzes that you can use like flashcards (I even put one on my site). With the other studying you do if you spend a few hours over a few days doing the online quiz you'll bang the stuff into your head and get 50 out of 50. I did, so anybody can.

MIQ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MIQ »

I'm a new student and getting pretty close to my first solo (just doing the circuits right now) and I still have to write the PSTAR. I'm not really worried about it since I saw a few questions online already but I was wondering if you guys know any good online study material for the PSTAR? I went through Robyns Imrpoved PSTAR Study Guide already, is there anything else worth checking out?
I found a couple websites on google but maybe some of you have a preference for a specific one that really helped you preparing for the test?
Thanks a lot!

FenderManDan
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FenderManDan »

I just referenced the material from the questions asked in the 200 question sample from the TC and From the Ground Up and it was sufficient for 98% pass. I missed one questions on NOTAM.

I would not spend money on other books, save it for later bigger tests.

HTH

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

I can't say I've ever suffered Pstarophobia but I suspect the pass mark of 100% was enough to keep me from ever booking a Class 1 flight instructor flight test. Maybe next year, when I need to renew...

LnS.

Return to “Flight Training”