No pilot recalls until Spring 2023???

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dumpsterfire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: No pilot recalls until Spring 2023???

Post by dumpsterfire »

aeronauticaldisaster wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:43 am
aeronauticaldisaster wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:10 pm
Counterpoint wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:38 pm

Members far more harmed….not furloughed pilots far more harmed. AC let go 15%, AT let go almost 90% of all their pilots (at one point).
This is literally the last line of messaging defense for ACPA...but...but..."we negotiated ONLY 15% layoffs..."

We were down to 55 hrs...55 hrs!! I mean flat pay pilot at 55 hrs...what does that even equate to? Starbucks barista starting wage??

Counterpoint,

What did the ACPA Staff do during our "darkest hour"? Did they take an equivalent pay cut? Were they "flying the line" around the globe during a pandemic or cuddling up under a blanket at their cottage?

What about the 15% who mostly STILL aren't back? Do you at least sign them up for the "Jelly Bean of the month" club?
Counterpoint, I am still awaiting for a response.

Now Flight Ops posts a memo stating they are at "full capacity" with the "most extensive training year that Flight ops has ever experienced" and that it is CRITICAL pilots are available to cover flying because of some boogeyman airlines entering the market. (There always has to be some external threat)

So - again I ask, what has ACPA done?

You think the company would have actually laid off MORE pilots? How on earth would that have been possible. They can't even meet the demand of the training plan with the "mitigated layoffs". They are buying MORE planes.

It is pretty obvious we just handed over pilot salaries.

Again I ask - what did the ACPA staff do?

They recommended temporary and PERMENANT pay concessions while what pay cuts did they take themselves?

Do you see insanity of this "union"? They couldn't cost out a kindergartener hot lunch program let alone the training costs of an airline

I am awaiting for the union "we are disappointed that furloughs cant come back soon but please take overtime to cover the flying as the training system is too busy to train them" memo.

Standing by
Counterpoint -

We await for your defense of the Dumpster Fire
---------- ADS -----------

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

asleep_at_the_yoke wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:29 pm
QKZXKV wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:04 pm WOW, what awesome news for all of us! Congrats to everyone. :mrgreen:
Congrats? You get a recall notice already?
As of now, nope, but it's nice to have an idea of the future!

CaptainKirk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CaptainKirk »

All pilots should be back between as early as June and as late as Sep 2022.

All the best!
-Captain Kirk

scabbydoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by scabbydoo »

CaptainKirk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:39 pm All pilots should be back between as early as June and as late as Sep 2022.

All the best!
-Captain Kirk
That would be great, Keith, but until the training plan comes out, you really have no idea.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I think CaptainKirk is probably consulted by the decision makers, the top dogs, with 23 youtube followers behind him he is clearly the man in the know.

RightPlaceWrongTime
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RightPlaceWrongTime »

YUL LEC Rep. You are an absolute disgrace to the AC pilot group. It has come to my attention that you recently had a 3 day pairing dropped for union work. PAID UNION WORK. Then you decided to list and accept VOLUNTARY OVERTIME to position yourself to said MEC meeting. In case you haven't noticed we still have 500 furloughs not being paid a nickel.

Instead of posting the entirety of your failed MEC campaign literature which includes your photo and some of your personal info I will instead quote your own words.

"The COVID-19 crisis has created an unprecedented situation for our industry. As we move forward, our MEC must ensure Air Canada calls back remaining furloughed pilots at the earliest possible opportunity while protecting current jobs and current working conditions. In the coming months, navigating the slow exit from this crisis will require integrity, transparency towards our members and a positive attitude towards the future.

MEC MEMBERS ARE THERE TO REPRESENT THE INTERESTS AND DESIRES OF THE MEMBERSHIP, NOT THEIR OWN AGENDA. We need to improve the communication between ACPA and the membership. There must be more transparency. Members must feel as though they relate to their union. They must be aware of ACPA’s challenges, current projects, upcoming meetings, to name a few. There are still many unknowns in the coming months. And we must position ourselves to be ready to seize the opportunity when the moment is right. The members you elect will be the ones representing you during the next reopener in 2023."

As a union official you are held to a higher standard than the rest of the pilot group. If you don't like that fact you should resign from your position as YUL LEC.

Many of us will never forget your actions. I hope all furloughs remember the names of all the ACPA folks who decided to continiously throw us under the bus and treat them with the same amount of respect they treated us with.

Last edited by RightPlaceWrongTime on Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

YUL LEC Rep "JFB." You are an absolute disgrace to the AC pilot group. It has come to my attention that you recently had a 3 day pairing dropped for union work. PAID UNION WORK. Then you decided to list and accept VOLUNTARY OVERTIME to position yourself to said MEC meeting. In case you haven't noticed we still have 500 furloughs not being paid a nickel.

Clarification, did he take flying to MISS the meeting he was displaced for?
If that is the case, I would like to see him repay any monies that the union paid out for the displacement. My union dues pay for displacements. My union dues pay for DBM top ups. Therefore it would seem my money is going straight in to his pocket$.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Rooster69 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:54 am

YUL LEC Rep "JFB." You are an absolute disgrace to the AC pilot group. It has come to my attention that you recently had a 3 day pairing dropped for union work. PAID UNION WORK. Then you decided to list and accept VOLUNTARY OVERTIME to position yourself to said MEC meeting. In case you haven't noticed we still have 500 furloughs not being paid a nickel.

If that is the case, I would like to see him repay any monies that the union paid out for the displacement. My union dues pay for displacements. My union dues pay for DBM top ups. Therefore it would seem my money is going straight in to his pocket$.
He got a pairing dropped that he will be paid by ACPA for, presumably to prepare, do work following this meeting.

Then he picked up VO, a 2 day trip to VR with a DH back.

Drop the DH, go to the MEC meeting... his first one.. this guy has been on the MEC barely a week.

The trip was about 10:30, his month is a at about 92.
So he'll collect 7 hours at double time, 3:30 at time and a half, and get paid for his displacement by ACPA. His displaced trip was 17:43...

So I've got him collecting about 36.5 hours out of the arrangement. Not too bad for his first week on the MEC. Membership should clawback the displacement, and then some.

JFB, BM, QJ, RP... the list goes on... Talk about "dipshits."

There isn't a drop of integrity there, hogs at the trough.

speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

altiplano wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:56 pm
Rooster69 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:54 am

He got a pairing dropped that he will be paid by ACPA for, presumably to prepare, do work following this meeting.

Then he picked up VO, a 2 day trip to VR with a DH back.

Drop the DH, go to the MEC meeting... his first one.. this guy has been on the MEC barely a week.

The trip was about 10:30, his month is a at about 92.
So he'll collect 7 hours at double time, 3:30 at time and a half, and get paid for his displacement by ACPA. His displaced trip was 17:43...

So I've got him collecting about 36.5 hours out of the arrangement. Not too bad for his first week on the MEC. Membership should clawback the displacement, and then some.

JFB, BM, QJ, RP... the list goes on... Talk about "dipshits."

There isn't a drop of integrity there, hogs at the trough.
The whole trip is at double time.

Regardless of his excuse, its become evident he is a real piece of work

Should have realized that from his stupid campaign photo in that dumb sweater vest

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

speedah wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:45 am The whole trip is at double time.

Should have realized that from his stupid campaign photo in that dumb sweater vest
Thanks for clarifying... so even more bank for this "volunteer."

1st week on the job, what an example being set by our "leaders."

What a cunt.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Here I was refusing every draft call in solidarity…..
holy $hit…

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

altiplano wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 am
speedah wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:45 am The whole trip is at double time.

Thanks for clarifying... so even more bank for this "volunteer."

1st week on the job, what an example being set by our "leaders."

What a cunt.

:lol: Oh. And also :cry:

Fidget
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fidget »

Myth busted. Cancel culture at its best.

pumpkinpatch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Fidget wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:23 pm Myth busted. Cancel culture at its best.
Myth busted?

No not really. He was displaced from a three day pairing, fully paid. For the purposes of going to his FIRST MEC meeting. Then thinks it's OK, while we have 498 FURLOUGHED PILOTS to take a lucrative draft trip one way to YVR, get paid for the DH return which he didn't take (already would have been traveling for union purposes, covered BY the union) all while also being paid release to be at this meeting? Not OK, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to reassess their priorities. This is double dipping at it's finest. Perhaps understanding why we have no fucking unity at this damned airline.

Fidget
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fidget »

Why don’t you actually try to find out what happened instead of stressing yourself.

pumpkinpatch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Fidget wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:58 pm Why don’t you actually try to find out what happened instead of stressing yourself.
I know what happened. I've looked well into report link calenders of his and the other MEC members to see where they were released. Virtually all were released Mon-Fri. He was only technically released later on in the week on the days he was originally scheduled to fly because he was only acclaimed after skeds were posted. If he was any other MEC member who had this last week blocked off he would not have been able to take this flight.

It's wrong. Plain and simple. And many people have been talking about it and he's been oddly quiet. I don't have respect for union reps or committe Chairs who are supposed to lead by example. What kind of message do you think it sends the company when our own MEC members take overtime during furloughs? We are a fractured and "all in it for myself" type of group. Looking at the award it was just over 10 hours to fly one leg to YVR. At double time at his rate that's well over $3000 to fly to a meeting you already had a ticket for, and of course still got paid for that three day trip that was dropped. All while nearly 500 pilots are still sitting on the street and many haven't seen money like that in a long time. Some of which are working in grain silos and driving for Uber. I know not everyone will see it this way but I assure you many do.

pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by pilotbzh »

It’s not illegal to do what’s he did, but I have concerns about the ethics with taking VO on the way to a union meeting….

Remind me of a joke

My professor told me that I’m failing my ethics class

So I slid 20 dollars across the table and said _what about now...?_ :lol:

pumpkinpatch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pumpkinpatch »

pilotbzh wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:29 pm It’s not illegal to do what’s he did, but I have concerns about the ethics with taking VO on the way to a union meeting….

Completely agree. Contractually he was able to do it. Ethically, as an elected (acclaimed) MEC member it is wrong. If we didn't have nearly 500 pilots on the street right now I would not care. But when you have guys like the YUL Chair saying "VO won't effect recalls" and the Scope Chair doing multiple 100 hour months back to back all you can do is shake your head. We are so divided it's very sad.

If this shit happened at Delta or United, or any blue collar union, knees would be cracked in the parking lot.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Emails going out with 179 training positions available.

Majority of the course dates are in Jan and Feb 2022 with a few course dates in early March.

Results to be know by Dec 17th

scabbydoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by scabbydoo »

Pretty encouraging to see. 179 pilots trained in 2.5 months is pretty ambitious. I was highly skeptical of the notion of rest of us being back on the property by Summer's end, but these numbers jibe with that.

Return to “Air Canada”