Feet mobilization at AC

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Feet mobilization at AC

Post by GATRKGA »

How does this exactly work at AC?

So if you are based 767 YYZ FO. And all the 767 flying shifts to YUL as an example. Are you required now to be YUL based? Or will all your pairings begin with a DH to YUL? Do they force you out of your base if your plane doesn't exist in the base you are in?

Doesn't this essentially mean you're not really safe in any base because the next eqp bid your plane could be in a completely different base?

Clarification on this would be great.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Feet mobilization at AC

Post by Inverted2 »

No you would be able to bid another type in your base unless: If you were very bottom of your base and they shrunk the base you could be forced to commute if you couldn't hold any position at your current base. Happened at Jazz last year when they closed the RJ base in YYZ. Most went on the Dash 8's but some chose to follow the RJ to another base. Bottom Dash captains mostly chose to commute. Some pilots got a paid move out of it too.

Let’s Go Brandon
The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Feet mobilization at AC

Post by The Raven »

Others can answer your question a lot better than me, but suffice it to say that you will probably never be forced off your base. Using the example you give, if you are based in YYZ as a 767 FO and Air Canada moves all the 767 flying to another base, you can stay in YYZ and bid onto another aircraft that your seniority allows you to hold (787?). Air Canada moves it's fleet around all the time (from base to base). I don't think many people (if any), get bumped off the base, they just get trained on a different aircraft.

I'm sure someone that knows the contract better than me can enlighten you further, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Also, pilots transfer between bases all the time. That's their choice though.

Return to “Air Canada”