Narrowbody Preference: EMJ vs A320

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flymore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Narrowbody Preference: EMJ vs A320

Post by flymore »

Thanks for the excellent feedback everyone! Dark Helmet, you did a superb job of consolidating all the different factors in choosing equipment and mainline/Rouge, if we are given a choice!

From a long term perspective. I feel narrowbody FO would give the best learning experience as opposed to RP. If you did want to upgrade in a couple of years, it’s much easier to go to the left seat if you were an FO, specially on the same type.

Yes, you’ll have to work a little harder than an RP though, if days off are important to you.

I decided with the 320 mainline vs EMJ because I’d rather stay and possible upgrade on the same plane, than be force reduced from the EMJ in a year or two. 320 also gives the option of Rouge if I choose to switch in the future. Mainline destinations on 320 also seem better than EMJ.

In the end, they are all excellent gigs and I think many would love to have been in this position at AC. Starting in their 20s and 30s with unprecedented growth ahead. There’s plenty of opportunity to move to something else throughout your career, once you get an idea of what you like. Enjoy the ride everyone!
---------- ADS -----------

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Narrowbody Preference: EMJ vs A320

Post by Victory »

What entry level position would be least days worked per month after RP?
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Air Canada”