Rouge Growth/Connector Downsizing ?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Rouge Growth/Connector Downsizing ?

Post by rudder »

Fanblade wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 am
Aircraft upguaging and reduced frequency. A fleet of Q’s and 76 seat jets. As with any scope the 76 number will slowly increase over time within those 90 seat hulls.
On paper there is a draw down to zero on the 37 seaters out in to the 2020-2024 time frame. However, the 26 50 seat props (nearly 30 years old) are still in the plan to 2025 and millions of dollars are being spent by CHR to extend the service life. Odd choice but I assume that cost of ownership is zero and that low cost is passed on to AC via the CPA making them somewhat desireable.

Fate of 50 seat jets beyond 2020 undetermined. Fate of 19 seaters undetermined.

I agree that the CPA level pilot supply problem will ultimately be managed via consolidation and upgauging of Express flying, and repatriation of Express flying to mainline/Rouge.

Current Express pilot population is approximately 2200. With attrition and competition for entry level candidates one could reasonably expect that total population will reduce measurably over the next few years.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Air Canada”