Casablanca

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Casablanca

Post by Old fella »

Looking at Flightradar24 and saw AC Rouge B767 heading to Casablanca Morocco, didn’t know AC had such a route. Bet that would be an interesting layover and country for sure to look about. Reminds me of that 1969 Crosby, Nash, Stills and Young tune Marrakesh Express(from Casablanca going south)...... my last year HS about to head off to fame and University fortune.

Air Canada making any money going there?
---------- ADS -----------

snag
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Casablanca

Post by snag »

Apparently money is being made, the route is being switched to mainline.

As for the destination, been once, and that was good enough for me.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

I suspect that the transfer to mainline has more to do with the ability to fill a J class cabin. There are very few options (fewer seats) to get from Canada to North Africa non-stop, even from the US, so the demand allows higher ticket pricing... but what do I know.

Antique Pilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Antique Pilot »

Old fella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:24 pm Looking at Flightradar24 and saw AC Rouge B767 heading to Casablanca Morocco, didn’t know AC had such a route. Bet that would be an interesting layover and country for sure to look about. Reminds me of that 1969 Crosby, Nash, Stills and Young tune Marrakesh Express(from Casablanca going south)...... my last year HS about to head off to fame and University fortune.

I believe that AC Rouge is also starting Montreal- Algiers and Montreal-Marseille.

AP

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

snag wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:22 pm Apparently money is being made, the route is being switched to mainline.

As for the destination, been once, and that was good enough for me.
why is that? I have been to Casablanca many times and It's one of my favorite destinations.

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Old fella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:24 pm Looking at Flightradar24 and saw AC Rouge B767 heading to Casablanca Morocco, didn’t know AC had such a route. Bet that would be an interesting layover and country for sure to look about. Reminds me of that 1969 Crosby, Nash, Stills and Young tune Marrakesh Express(from Casablanca going south)...... my last year HS about to head off to fame and University fortune.

Today it's a mainline A330 doing the route.

Return to “Air Canada”