Commute YYC-YYZ/YVR

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JULIETTE
Rank 1
Rank 1

Commute YYC-YYZ/YVR

Post by JULIETTE »

Hi,

Wondering if there are any fairly recent hires that are commuting from YYC. Are you willing to give me a quick low down of how it works?

Do most reserves/blocks start in the morning?

Do most commuters do the night before kinda things and stay at a crash pad?

How often are you making it back to YYC as a reserve/low seniority person? Are you able to combine your days off into a block, or is along the lines of what they assign is what you get.

Thanks!

Feel free to PM as well if you don’t want to write things in the mai. Forum here
---------- ADS -----------

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Commute YYC-YYZ/YVR

Post by plhought »

I know lots of buds that do it, usually without issue. Haven't heard of any of them missing work.

Loads can be pretty high on the AC flights (especially with the Max down at the moment), but you're in WJ's center of the universe so can always use that 'jump seat' agreement.

Say Altitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Say Altitude »

Very doable. YYC is the largest commuter base in the mainline system by a long shot so I wouldn't sweat it. Lots of people do it. Just plan your travel to give yourself 2-3 flights and also you have WJA if you need.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Say Altitude wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:31 am Very doable. YYC is the largest commuter base in the mainline system by a long shot so I wouldn't sweat it. Lots of people do it. Just plan your travel to give yourself 2-3 flights and also you have WJA if you need.
I'd be interested in seeing those numbers as I would suspect YUL-YYZ or YOW-YYZ are bigger demand commuter routes.

Return to “Air Canada”