Calin unloads shares for $52.7 million

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Calin unloads shares for $52.7 million

Post by CanadianEh »

Looks like Calin unloaded over 1.2 million shares over the last week. Article excerpt and links below. :rolleyes:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... k-options/

MONTREAL, Aug. 6, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada said today that during the permitted open period following the release of its Second Quarter results, Calin Rovinescu, President and Chief Executive Officer, has exercised Stock Options from 2013 and sold the underlying 1,269,149 Class B Voting Shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange through the facilities of a Canadian investment dealer, as reported in applicable securities filings.

Mr. Rovinescu plans to use proceeds from the sale of shares for investment diversification, estate planning and to fund his Family Foundation for charitable giving.

The Stock Options exercised were scheduled to expire in the first half of 2020 and the shares sold represented less than one third of Mr. Rovinescu's total equity interest in Air Canada.

https://stockhouse.com/news/press-relea ... DKI7UCC.99
---------- ADS -----------

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Calin unloads shares for $52.7 million

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Maybe he thinks the Transat deal isn't going to go through.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 am Maybe he thinks the Transat deal isn't going to go through.
Or a major economic downturn is coming which usually causes airline shares to plummet.

Let’s Go Brandon
ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Or the options expire in less than a year.

mato
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mato »

It’s definitely a great time to sell, AC has had a great run the past couple years. I would be putting my money elsewhere now. But then again I said that when they were in the 30s too.

Duke Point
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Duke Point »

Calin has done an amazing job at turning Air Canada around. There's no conspiracy.

He deserves to cash out a bit (less than a third) of the fruits of his labour. Some may counter his methods, however, he took the stock from worthless to over $40.

I applaud the man.

DP.

Return to “Air Canada”